Chapter 24

"I can't believe you would have such little respect for your friends, even yourself!" My mom yells at me while she drives so harshly.

"I was drunk mom, what do you expect? I made a mistake, get over it" I yell right back, looking out the passenger window.

"Taylor, this is totally unacceptable, and I'm so disappointed in you." She sighs,

I roll my eyes, "it's done with, can we just forget about it?"

My mom sarcastically laughs, "Taylor you've had so much booze you've probably forgotten about it already, you're so grounded.."

"I hate you." I mutter under my breath.

My mom stops the car right as we're driving into our neighbourhood.

I look at her, and she looks straight back at me.

"Get out." She says, harshly.

"What?"

"Get out" she says again, making it more clear this time.

She can't be serious. I look at her for a second, not believing that my own mom could do this to me.

I unbuckle my seat belt, helping myself out and grabbing my backpack, slinging it over my shoulder. I shut the car door.

I watch her drive down the long road past all the houses.

I let a single tear slip from my eye before I wipe away the evidence viciously with the back of my palm.

I swallow deeply and turn on my heels, not exactly sure of where I'm going..

After a few minutes walking, I realise I'm on the way to Cameron's house.

He's gonna be super happy to see me.

I feel my phone vibrate against the front of my right thigh. I take it out of my pocket and see my mom is calling. I decline, and put it back into its cozy pocket.

Why would she even bother calling me if she didn't have the heart to drive me down the block?

I walk up the pavement to Cameron's front door, pausing before I knock.

Why am I doing this? I ditched him last night and now I expect him to comfort me?

Get over yourself, Taylor.

I take a deep breath and turn back around, back down the pavement, not knowing who to turn to next.

As I walk away, I hear a front door click it's hinges.

"Taylor?"

I turn around to face the familiar voice.

I stand there, not knowing what to say, or do. I just stand there, speechless. My mouth hanging open as if I'm waiting for words to fall out.

I've never seen him like this before, Cameron looks so hurt, his eyes look hollow, he stares at me, waiting for something to happen or some words to magically form out, but it's useless. Right now, I feel as empty as he does.

I feel tears brimming in my eyes and I look down at my feet. I swallow, before looking back up at the one person I care so dearly about but yet hurt so deeply.

"I'm sorry" I whisper, looking at him.

He looks down, pressing his lips together, and taking a few steps closer to me.

He looks back up and meets my gaze, he holds out his arms and I bite my lip.

"Come here" he shakes his head, smiling.

I walk closer and wrap my arms underneath his.

He rests his chin on my head.

"I'm so sorry" I mumble again, against his chest.

He tells me to 'shh' stroking my hair from the top of my head to the very ends.

His hand touches the back of my neck, and I could swear I feel goosebumps.

He let's go of our hug and takes my hand, leading me carefully inside his house.

He closes the door behind us quietly and begins to lead me upstairs.

"cam-"

"Shh" he turns around and presses against my lips with his fingers, I look at him, smiling. He turns around and keeps walking.

I'm guessing Cameron's parents must be sleeping, all other room doors are shut except for his.

He leads the way inside his bedroom. His covers are tossed and his room is messy, but it smells just like him.

He sits down on his bed and pats the spot next to him, hinting for me to sit down next to him.

I do as he says, and lay my head on his shoulder, he wraps his arm around the back of my waist.

"How about a movie?" Cam asks quietly, turning to me.

"Sure" I smile.

It's times like these I treasure the most. When my whole world is calm, when there are no arguments or fighting. Just me, and someone who makes me happy.
_____________________

UPDATE

I'm so sorry this chapter is short and isn't the best, honestly I'm so eager to start writing the next book I'm working on, that I'm rushing to the end of this one.

I'm not so sure how many chapters will be left, maybe three or so.

But my next book will be published very soon! And I'm so happy with the writing so far.

QOTD:

Have you heard of Omaha leaked? And do you think what they say is true?

SOTD:

No I don't wanna good girl, no not today,
Cause I want it bad,
I wanna bad girl baby, bad,
I wanna love that's crazy, yeah,