Chapter 22

We hear footsteps coming towards matts room and matt and instantly break our kiss, we look separate ways as Matthews mom enters the room.

"Taylor sweetie, I phoned your mom, she said it's ok for you to stay here tonight, there's a storm outside and I think it's best if you both stay inside."
I smile. "You're sure that's okay?"
"It's no problem with me honey, Matthew, why don't you go blow up the air mattress for Taylor?"

Matthew obeys his moms orders and leaves the room, his mom smiles at me before leaving me and following behind him, she makes me feel so at home.

My head is spinning in all directions. I like matt, I really do. I'm just- I guess I'm just scared he's gonna hurt me.. I've never had my heart broken, I don't plan on it. For now, I guess I'll just play safe and sit on the fence.

Matt comes back with the air mattress that's half blown up, he sets it down on the ground and kneels down to continue inflating it.

He takes a deep breath and shapes his lips over the nozzle putting all the breath he has in him into the mattress.
When he takes a breath I see how red his face has gotten, I giggle and kneel down beside him.

"Try smaller breaths" I laugh slightly.
He looks at me with that half smile, his right eyebrow raised high above his eye.

He shrugs, "all right then, miss know it all"

I punch him lightly.

"ow, jeez taylor, don't be so damn violent, god" he sneeres, We both laugh.

"Go." I smile.

He blows up the mattress in no time, my technique thankfully works and we finally get to have some rest.

I lay down on the mattress, matt sitting on the ground beside me.

"Good?" He asks, I nod, smiling.

He pauses for a minute, "hold on, I'll be right back." He says, standing up and leaving his room.

While he's gone I find myself rehearsing my next conversation with him, it's weird, I've never ever felt this nervous and jittery around a guy..

He comes back with a red and blue blanket in his arms, he bends down and covers me with it.

"Goodnight Taylor" he whispers, kissing my head.

"Night" I smile.

He climbs into his bed, which is right beside mine only a few feet taller.
When I look at him, I realise he's already looking down at me.

"Stop it" I smile, feeling my cheeks flush a bright pink. "Stop what?" He laughs, helping himself up, leaning onto one elbow.

I roll my eyes, "Forget it" i smile, scratching the back of my neck.

Before matt can answer me, we're both interrupted by the room filling up with light, our attention is drawn to the door where Matthews mom pokes her head round.

"Night guys," she smiles.

Matt rolls his eyes, "night" he groans, releasing his elbow from underneath him.

"Goodnight" I smile.

She hesitates, before continuing, "No messing around now, straight to sleep and no monkey business, right matt?" She raises her eyebrows.

He sighs, standing up and escorting her out of his room, I hear him mutter something telling her he's "16," and he "wouldn't do something like that at this age" which makes me think a lot more of him, honestly.

In the short space of time he's left the room, my mind runs wild, and one of the things that sticks out after hearing him talk to his mom, is his virginity.
He comes back in and sees me having fits of giggles.

"Not funny, that's so embarrassing" he groans, "Oh shut up, she's so sweet!" I laugh. He rolls his eyes, climbing back into his double bed.

I press my lips together into a smile.
"You're a virgin?" I whisper, smiling.

"What makes you think I'm gonna tell you?", He whispers, I look up at him and see a smirk drawn across his face.

"Oh come on!", I laugh quietly.
He rolls his eyes. He hesitates for a second before answering, "yeah, yeah I am."

"No way.." I smile, "no fucking way" I laugh lightly, propping myself up on one elbow.

"Believe it or not, it's the truth" he raises his hands, smiling.

"You?" He asks, biting his lip. I hesitate, before I nod my head, "yeah".
We both lay down and stay silent for a minute.

"I like you, Taylor" matt states out of nowhere.

I smile, "I like you too."

"I-"

Matt is interrupted mid conversation by what sounds like his moms voice calling in from another room "go to sleep!"

He rolls his eyes and hauls himself out of bed and over to his bedroom door, closing it, and switching off the light.

In the complete darkness he manages to find his bed and climb in.

"Goodnight beautiful" he says, his husky tone of voice.

I giggle, "you can't even see me"

"I don't need eyes to see how beautiful you really are."

"Matt-" I groan, me being incredibly awkward and shy.

"Don't deny it, you're beautiful Taylor", I can almost picture the smile on his face.

Thank god for the dark, my cheeks are burning right about now.

"Goodnight" he whispers, "night" i whisper back.