Chapter 7

On a serious note, I really don't know what to think about yesterday.

Was Matthew just proving a point? Or does he actually have feelings for me?

I don't want to fall for him but in all honestly it's getting even harder.

I haven't told Cameron what happend yet, and I'm not looking forward to it. Him and Matthew don't exactly see eye to eye..

I really wish I could change Matthew and his ways, he needs to learn how to treat a lady, not five million at once.

As I get out of my bed I realise I slept in my dads t-shirt.

How appealing.

It's huge and baggy and looks like a dress on me, I laugh at the sight of it.

I tie my hair in a messy bun before walking downstairs, I pull on some white socks and stretch them to my knees. This could be a new trend.

When I walk into the kitchen the first person I see is my mom, then looking over at the table I see Ryan and Jess, finally, looking across from them, I see Cameron.

What the hell is he doing here?

"Morning" I say.

"Morning" they all say back.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I say looking at Cam and taking a seat while I laugh a little.

"Your mom invited me over for breakfast, she was at the game earlier this morning with Ryan." he says, smiling at my mom.

"Ryan got hurt at the game and Cameron was so good to him, Taylor. You should have been there." Mom says, while she cooks.

I roll my eyes and laugh.

Mom is acting different, I'm getting the vibe she actually wants to spend time with us, weird.

"Would you like some breakfast, Taylor?" Mom asks, turning to me.

"No thanks, I'm good." I say, checking my phone.

Surprisingly, she doesn't argue with me like she normally does.

Mom serves the guys their breakfast and sits herself down.

I mostly flick through my phone and mess with Jess.

"Jessica Kimberly Parker, eat up your breakfast, you little monkey." My mom jokes.

She folds her arms and shakes her head gesturing a 'no'.

Mom frowns at her and Jessica giggles.

"Shall I feed you?" I ask, tickling her.

She hates when I ask that, she is so independent. She calls herself a 'big girl'.

"no! cam" she says, sticking out her tongue at me.

"Alright then." I say.

Cam stands up and switches seats with me.

He stops eating his own breakfast so he can give Jessica her cereal.

She makes him eat some first to make sure it's nice, I laugh at that.

"Brrrrrrrrrrrrr" he says, pretending the spoon is an airplane and it's about to land in her mouth.

Jessica giggles and warms to cams idea.

He's really good with kids, I like that about guys.

Cameron glances over my way and catches me staring in my trail of thought.

I look away quickly pretending nothing happend.

"I better go get dressed.." I say, changing the subject.

"You do that." Ryan says, sarcastically.

I shoot him a look and I can tell he takes back what he said.

When I'm walking upstairs I can hear laughing coming from outside, I continue up to my room and open my curtains to take a look out.

I see Matthew, across the road in his garden. He's making out with some girl.

I can feel my fists clenching and my heart beats a little faster, I just don't understand the game he's playing at..