Chapter 21

Long story short?

Tonight has been disastrous.

Here's a some up of how things went down..

So we arrived at the venue, immediately helping ourselves to the free drinks and cocktails, before we knew it, Soph and I were already intoxicated. One drink lead to another, we got drunk, drank a little more than we should have, I lost my date, was a jerk to the person I'm crazy about, and now?

Now I'm sitting on the pavement in the freezing cold rain.

I got asked to leave my own prom.

Why?

Because I always manage to make a mess of things.

***

I take a sip out of my vodka bottle, the taste is raw, it's bitter, yet satisfying.

I feel light-headed and dizzy, I still feel the blaring music pumping its way through my veins.

Before I was asked to leave, I had a couple of shots, a few bottles of vodka, even some of Cameron's beer, but all in all? I wasn't actually too drunk.

But I guess the poison was only starting to kick in right about now.

The rain doesn't just drop down, it pours. I feel my hair becoming flat and limp, my whole body becomes saturated and my dress starts sticking to me.

I wipe under my eyes, seeing black marks on my hands as an indication that my makeup is running too.

But if I'm being honest,

Right now I don't really give a shit.

Because I'm drunk, that's why.

I hear footsteps trail behind me, the rain puddles splash as someone walks closer.

My body is too exhausted and overwhelmed with alcohol to even turn to see who it might be.

"Taylor?"

I recognise the voice straight away, -Matt continues walking until he's finally standing in front of me

Standing there, staring right at me in the pouring rain, when he could be laying down in his warm cozy bed at home, sober.

"What do you want?" I ask him, viciously eyeing him up.

He bends down in front of me, looking into my eyes

The rain makes his hair flat instead of quiffed, it's actually very cute if I must say..

- Damn you!

Stop it, Taylor!

I try not making eye contact, but he holds my chin up and continues talking.

"What are you doing out here?" He asks, taking his jacket off and resting it over my shoulders.

I pull away from his grip.

"Oh, you know, just enjoying the weather, taking in the beautiful scenery" I state with sarcasm, my speech the slightest bit slurred from alcohol.

My eyes wander to the ground and I grab my bottle of vodka, swigging another mouthful out of the half empty bottle.

"Taylor, I think you should stop-"

"And who are you? My mom?" I interrupt him, wiping my mouth with the back of my hand.

He bites his lip and looks away before taking my beverage into his own reach and standing the bottle behind him.

"Give that to me!" I yell, swatting at him.