Chapter 23

It's 7am when I wake up first, I open my eyes and look over at matt who is still asleep in his bed.

His hair is tossed and his mouth is open, he looks so cute, I can't help smiling.

I throw my covers off and climb in to his bed right next to him, fitting my body beside his just like a jigsaw puzzle.

I close my eyes and I feel his fingers rub against my hair.

"Good morning" he whispers in his husky morning voice,
I smile. "Morning."

He's half asleep when he wraps his arms around me and holds me close to his tummy.

I feel his breath against my neck, it's warm and sticky, but it's the nicest feeling ever.

I'm in a trance for a few minutes, until it registers in my mind, I need to go home.

I get out of bed quickly, causing matt to sit up quickly too.

"Where are you going?" He asks, brushing a hand through his messy morning hair.

"I need to go." I sigh, picking up my stuff and putting them in a bag.
"Wait, Taylor, what's the hurry?-"
"I want to go home." I say again, not wanting to look at him.

"Why? Have i done something wrong?" He asks, sitting up properly.

I look at him, "no, -I just, -I just need to go, I'm sorry."

Matt hesitates, "I'll bring y-"
"No.", "um, no. My mom will collect me." I interrupt.

Matthew raises his both hands up, as if you would if you were to surrender.

I glance at him and see his expression change.

Damn it, Taylor.

What's wrong with you?

Why do you find it so hard to relax around him? God damn, you're an idiot.

"Taylor?" He says like it's a question.

I glance at him, he looks hurt and I can't help myself feel bad.

I pout my lips standing there helplessly, while he opens his arms wide probably signalling he's there for a hug.

I drag my feet, my mouth still in a pout as I plop myself down onto his lap where he holds me close.

"I'm sorry" I mumble into his chest. "Don't be" he reassures me, gently rubbing his hand up and down my back.

"God I've been such a jerk to you" I shake my head, pulling away from him to meet his gaze. I rest my hands around his neck as I sit on his lap, front facing him.

"Don't worry 'bout it" he smiles and pauses, "I love you." He finishes.

I pull myself back into him, hugging him tight again. And as your first instinct goes,

without a second thought, as if it just came naturally.

I repeated those three very words.

"I love you, too."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

This is so short I'm sorry!

I've been busy but I'm trying my best to update more regularly.

Thanks for reading again, make sure you leave a comment about what you think of this story!

Try guess this song of the day?!
You're my sunlight,
You're my everything's gonna be alright
The only thing I need in my life