Run

When Izuku opened the door he the first thing he noticed was the bone-chilling silence. He would normally be immediately hit with cuss words and insults, but it was just silence. It sent a shiver down his spine, and his breath caught in his throat as he made his next observation. There was something tense, and sinister about the air in the apartment. The apartment was always filled with anger, guilt, and regret, but what Izuku was feeling right now seemed so much more... malicious. Then he saw his father, standing still in the corner of the room. Izuku's stomach lurched when he saw the cold, dulled green eyes that connected with his own. Hisashi resolutely started walking towards his son, and he was calm in a manner that Izuku has never seen him. He was usually blinded with rage, his actions were sporadic, he always treated it like a punishment rather than a fight. But Izuku knew that gait, he knew that look, whatever Hisashi was planning on doing this time would be much worse that usual. Izuku was petrified in fear, he couldn't find it within himself to move. He felt like a little kid again, bending to his father's will, turning away from mirrors and the moon. He found it impossible to look in his father's eyes, they may not be that horrifying green-purple combination but they didn't fail to terrify him just as much. Izuku tried his best to hide his fear, but his father could obviously sense it. A twisted smirk spread across Hisashi's face, and Izuku shivered as he was reminded of Shigaraki. A sudden, unwelcome, thought rushed through Izuku's mind and he paled.

'No, there's no way... he couldn't' Izuku thought, and he was so busy thinking about if it could really be true that he barely registered the kick to his abdomen. He fell to the ground, and Hisashi continued the beating, but Izuku's mind dulled, and he was numb to the pain as he thought. Whatever message this beating was supposed to send surely wouldn't be received, because Izuku was too busy contemplating his whole life to register all the pain he was probably in. Only when Hisashi left did Izuku snap out of his stupor, and become fully aware of his surroundings once again.

The first thing he felt was near blinding pain, and he resisted the urge to scream in agony. He stood up and wobbled to his bedroom, toppling onto his bed the instant he got to it. He groaned loudly as he sat himself up to assess his injuries. Fortunately, there is nothing broken, he was sure of that, he could move his arms and hands just fine, and he was able to walk up here in the first place. He's had his ribs broken enough times to know the feeling, and he definitely didn't feel it right now. Unfortunately, his whole back was covered in burns, along with both his arms, part of his neck, his shoulder, and his left thigh. He had a nasty cut running down his right thigh, and he was sure that it was the reason for the initial blinding pain. He was also sure that it would scar. He had a few puncture wounds on his stomach, and he idly wondered if his father had been wearing anything with spikes. He also had numerous bruises, but that was to be expected. His head was bleeding too, but he didn't seem to have a concussion. He didn't feel dizzy, his coordination hadn't seemed to suffer, and he wasn't at all nauseous so he felt safe in that diagnosis. He got up to grab his first aid kit and get to work.

The first thing he did was take some pain relievers, then he started to disinfect any open wounds (the puncture wounds on his stomach, the cut on his thigh, and the bleeding from his head). He then stood in front of his mirror and applied burn cream the best he could to all his burns. He stuffed a towel in his mouth and stitched up the wound on his thigh as best he could. He wrapped up all his injuries and burns, and then went to put his clothes back on. He had a bad feeling, a very bad one, and he had been a vigilante long enough to trust his gut. So, just in case, he slept in a modified version of his vigilante outfit. He wore light grey cargo pants, and a dark grey sweatshirt, he was also wearing socks so he could slip his shoes on quickly if necessary. He slipped his mask into his pocket for safe-keeping, strapped a knife to his left thigh, made sure he had his pockets full, and crawled into bed. He didn't know if he was truly exhausted, or just bored, but either way, he quickly fell into a restless sleep.