He became quiet, for the first time taking his eyes off me, staring at the floor. "And the dead classmate... it wasn't a classmate, it was a teacher, and I technically only beat him half to death- my dad finished him off,"

A cold shiver went down my back. He smiled, taking my hand in his, a sigh leaving him. "I'm 14 years old, and in the door comes my younger sisters, my dad just picked them up from school. My youngest sister, Emmely whos seven fucking years old comes up to me and sits on my lap. I ask her what she did today- if she had a nice day, all that. You know the drill.

And she smiles and tells me that she helped Mr.Harper alphabetize some of their assignments during recess. I think it's a little weird- why do they need to be alphabetized, he's just grading them, right? So I ask her, and she tells me that Mr. Harper told her that it was actually really important and that he really needed her help. I think that's it weird, and ask her if he did anything weird, or said anything.

And she looks at me and says... she's seven years old and she's telling me that he said, that he thought she had chickenpox and that... he'd... he'd asked her to take off her shirt and pants so he could check," he made his voice high-pitched,

"'But he said was healthy as a happy little horse, and he helped me put my clothes back on'," his voice went back to normal. "And I ask her if he said anything else, and she giggles, and tells me that he told her not to tell her family... because they'd get mad at her if she told them, and then she goes, 'but I know I can tell you because you never get mad at me'...

I told her that 'of course I wasn't mad' and to go play with her sisters, and I head straight for my dad's office. I tell him... what she said. I don't think I've ever seen him that pissed. He tells me to get in the car.

We drove up to the disgusting bastard's house and my dad broke down the door. We... I was so angry, I wanted to kill him, I was so furious that I... I had my first full shift. I almost ripped him to pieces, I would've if my dad hadn't told me to calm down and go back to the car.

When he came out again he was all bloody and ripped up... we told the police that my dad had come to ask him about what Emmely had said, just all friends and that the bastard had jumped him and almost killed him- and that my dad had killed him in self-defense..." he shook his head with a sigh, before looking back up at me. "Sorry for scaring you, I just wanted you to know the truth," he shrugged, before getting up from the chair, getting back in his seat where his plate was.

I shook my head, getting up from my chair. "I think I'll go upstairs now, I've lost my appetite," I whispered.

"No, please love, you need to eat. If not here with me, then take your plate with you- I can't stand you starving yourself, it's so painful for me to watch,"

Sighing, I picked up my plate and headed for the door.

"Uhm, Love, I know this may be a bad time, given the circumstances, but..."

I stopped in the doorway and turned around. Alpha Allen took a deep breath. "My parents... they've asked, or well, more demanded coming over for dinner tomorrow- they really want to meet you, my mother especially, so... yeah, they will be coming over tomorrow so you guys can meet,"

Ice ran through my veins, and my muscles locked in place at his words, just for a second, before I took a step forward, a scream leaving me as I did. When I looked down on my foot, small sharts of white porcelain were embedded in my skin, blood running out and staining my white ankle socks. "Shit," I whispered, hopping backward, away from the shattered plate and chicken curry on the floor. I hadn't even realized that I'd dropped it in the first place.