Its The Thought That Counts

Começar do início

Just for fun he threw his hands in the air and let out a hearty "WHOOOOHOOOOO!!!" as they continued driving past the ocean. As he stood in the back with the wind coming at him, he couldn't help but sing along to the song 'Everybody Wants To Rule The World' by Tears For Fears.

Inside the car, Charlie was smiling too and it was because of Bee. Smiling because her humanoid was enjoying something that was so familiar and ordinary for humans. But for Bee, it was new and exciting and she was happy to see him enjoying it. It gave her a feeling of pride as she gripped her steering wheel and resumed her gaze on the road ahead.

After a while, Bee had sat back down in the car and disappeared into his compartment inside the interior of the car. Meanwhile, Memo and Charlie were talking it up about the Autobot. Which mainly consisted of Charlie answering Memo's questions.

"So you have no idea where he came from?" He asked.

Charlie just shrugged her shoulders and replied, "No idea."

"Have you thought about calling the cops?"

She'd be lying if she said the thought hadn't crossed her mind, but Charlie knew what the outcome of it would be. And she wasn't going to let it happen. "What are they gonna do, Memo? They're just gonna send him away to a lab and tear him apart? No, I'm not letting that happen to him. No one's gonna do any weird science experiments on him."

Almost in the form of a reply, the radio had switched to a certain station and the theme for a movie called Weird Science came out: "Weird science!"

A look of surprise and amazement came to Charlie as she heard that. "You're getting pretty good with that radio dial, Bee."

"DJ Bumble in the house!" Memo added, "Whoop-Whoop!"

The radio then switched to another station and a DJ's song came up.

Suddenly, a thought popped into Charlie's mind and she began to understand. "Wait, is that why you're always messing with the dial? You're trying to teach yourself how to talk as a robot, aren't you?"

The station changed again and began playing the song 'Walk Like A Man' by The Four Seasons and had started on the part that said, "Talk like a man!"

Both Charlie and Memo had looks of shock on their faces at the Autobot's new accomplishment. "No way!" Charlie exclaimed happily, "Oh, my god, Bee! You're genius! You're an actual genius!"

Not too long after she said that, the backseats came down and out crawled the young humanoid with a proud smile on. "What do you think?" He asked as he sat down, "Not to bad, huh?"

"No, not at all!" Charlie was so happy for him. He had just learned to talk as a robot again, and it was clear he was happy about it. But she was curious as to how he thought of it. "How did you come up with the idea of using the radio to talk though?"

Thinking back, Bee remembered how the idea came to him. And the source of it was Charlie. "Remember last night when we were in the garage?"

"Yeah?"

"You told me music can help you say what you're feeling. And that got me thinking, if I could find some way to use music to help me talk through my suit again. And it worked, thanks to you, Charlie."

Hearing that how Bee came up with the idea and how she had helped him think of it, it really made her feel that warmth towards him again. Through the rearview mirror, she smiled sweetly at him to which he smiled back in return. 

Memo, watching from the front passenger seat, just smiled kindly at the two's interaction, genuinely happy for the humanoid. 

The drive went on and led them towards another cliff area where teenagers were  known to hang out, and it seemed like there was a bit of a party going on.