XXI - Jisoo

Don't forget to vote & comment!
***

As Seokjin drove us home to change before going on this dinner date, I pulled out my phone and bite my bottom lip nervously at the three miss calls and a message with the details about our girl's night out

Shit, how can I forget.

I glance at Seokjin from the corner of my eye and noticed the small smile he had on his face. It was really genuine, I knew that much from his pure behavior too. Humming and playing songs from The 1975.

I couldn't tell Seokjin no, we rarely ever do this. I began to click away at the phone's screen.

You
Hey, sorry.
Something came up, let's take a rain check.
Okay?

I hit send and looked back up in front of us, the familiar building coming into view. It took us a few minutes to get ready. I reapplied my makeup but this time going for a natural look with nude eyeshadow colors and peach ombre lipstick.

I walked into the living room where Seokjin waited, while throwing on my coat. "Where are we going?"

He only smiled at me as I walked up to him, my two inch heels making less noise than my dress shoes that I wore at work.

"You'll see when I get there." Was all he said before reaching out and tugging both front openings of my coat together.

I held my breath as he leaned in a bit closer, refolding the collar of the coat while whispering in my ear. "It's really cold."

Once he pulled away, taking his body heat along with him was when I let out a breath. Honestly speaking, that's the closest we've ever been. Heck, we don't even share the same bed so what the hell did you expect.

"C'mon, I already booked a reservation." He called out from the front door.

I gulped, nodding and fast walking behind him.

———

How was I supposed to explain the date? That every time I looked up from my plate he was engrossed in his phone and that every time the noise of the water fountain — from behind the glass that separated it from us — made noise; I thought of Lisa in his position and how she squealed when the water splashed higher.

Yes, Seokjin brought me to the same restaurant that Lisa had. And it just occurred to me that I did mention that I wanted to come here but haven't told him that I already did so.

"The food's here amazing, right?" He asked, finally placing down his phone.

I nodded, taking a spoonful of spaghetti. I remember that Lisa ordered this dish, and it was truly delicious.

"Hey, wanna taste some of mine?" Seokjin asked, pointing with his fork at his own meal.

I shook my head politely. "Nah, it's fine. Spaghetti rules!"

He chuckled and continued to eat. We did have small talk but it wasn't like how Lisa and I spoke. His is mainly business, work and what's connected to it. For Lisa and I, we spoke about the most stupidest and out of topic things that just made sense with the two of yes.

I took a huge gulp of water from my glass.

Was I really comparing Lisa to Seokjin, right now? Ugh, she's my friend and he's my freaking fiancé. I can't do that. It must be because I came here with Lisa first, before Seokjin brought me.

"... but don't you think that's pathetic? Why would the investors suddenly want to withdraw their decision over a measly fake rumor..."

I began to tune in and out of the conversation as I ate. Wonder if Lisa asked any of her other friends to join her for that girl's night. Or is she just at home?