XLIV - Lisa

Don't forget to vote and comment!

***

I rested my chin on the stirring wheel while tapping away the screen of my phone. It'll be around eight at night for her, she probably is still awake with the girls.

Biting my bottom lip, I contemplated whether or not I should call her. With a finger over her contact, I cleared my throat and clicked on it.

It didn't barely rang before Jisoo picked up.

"Hello, my Jichu!” I greeted her, leaning back into the seat of my car. "How is my lovely girlfriend doing in the night of California?"

She chuckled over the phone. "Right on time, we just finished wrapping up and we're gonna head back to the hotel now."

"Waah, y'all are done already?!" I said in surprise. "Great, now get your ass home, I miss you."

"Lisa," Jisoo giggled. "Not so fast now. Say, how's work? Did you finish that recording?"

"Oooh, you mean The Movie? Yep! Finished it yesterday, I was supposed to send you some pictures. It came out, amazing, I can't wait for it to be released!" I said in excitement.

My eyes caught onto a figure that approached through rearview mirror of my car.

"Ever since the release of your other dance video, we all needed a moment to recover," Jisoo joked on the other side of the line.

"Aww, you know I like seeing your face get red," I teased, leaning towards the passenger seat and opening it. "When will you be coming back?"

"Hmm, we'll be taking the morning plane tomorrow. So I'll probably reach Seoul by noon."

"Ah," I nodded and watched the figure by my door get into the passenger seat, we exchanged smiles. "Jichu, I hate to leave so soon but I really gotta go. Take care, love. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Oh, okay," The disappointment in Jisoo's voice was evident even with how she tried to hide it. "Don't stay up all night again, you gotta get proper sleep. See you soon, Li."

Cutting the call, I breathed out deeply and looked at my guest to my right. A cheeky grin already plastered on that face of theirs.

"So," I cleared my throat. "Where do we begin?"