XIX - Jisoo

Don't forget to vote & comment!
***

I was in a meeting with my father, seated in his seat at the head of the table

I was in a meeting with my father, seated in his seat at the head of the table. I was on his left hand side as we watched one of the director's who stood in front and was busy presenting.

It was then that my phone vibrated in my pocket, I pulled it out and took a glance at the message I got on BananaTalk.

Lisa
Hey, I was thinking-- if you're not busy --about going on a girl's night out.
Tonight.

The edges of my lips began to turn up at the thought of winding down and enjoying ourselves tonight. I quickly typed in a reply.

You
Ooooh, sounds exciting. Yeah, I'm in! Text me the details!

Suddenly I heard my father clear his throat which earned my attention. He looked at me and then my phone, silently signaling that I should put it away. Smiling sheepishly, I shove it into my blazers pocket.

———

"... that's all for today, you're all dismissed."

I mentally sighed in relief as I gathered some of the files in my hands and got up. All I had to do was leave this on my desk and I can finally check on the girls and help out the other manager.

Who knew business meetings carried on for one or two whole hours, I swear I nearly fall asleep. I don't even know why my father makes me attend those and read everything when I still won't do nothing.

"Jisoo."

I skidded to a halt, outside the conference room and slowly looked over my shoulder. My father stood there with his secretary behind him who was busy tapping away at her business iPad.

"Yes, d— sir?"

"You can go home early," He said which made my friend in confusion. He never allows me to slack off and stuff. "Seokjin is waiting for you outside."

Ah, that's why.

I smiled politely. "I see, thank you. Have a good evening."

I walked away, my feet moving faster than I intended it to and came to a halt by my cubicle desk. I sat down on the chair and stretched.

Why was Seokjin even here? We always just meet at home or something.

I picked up the fancy calendar by my monitor and checked the date. Hm? There's nothing special about today. Ugh, whatever.

Grabbing my coat, I pulled it around myself and took the elevator to the ground floor. And just as my father said, there stood Seokjin in the reception area, a bouquet of flowers clenched in his hands as he scanned the area.

Now I'm not even sure if today's something special or not.

Seeing that he hasn't noticed me yet, I decided to creep up behind him. Taking light steps with my heels, I jumped in front of him with a little 'boo!'

There was a moment of silence as he scared at me calmly.

My smile started to twitch in embarrassment.

His calm expression soon dissolved and he bent forward, gasping. "Do you enjoy giving people mini heart attacks?"

I giggled. "Trying to act tough, huh?"

"How'd you even know I was here? I wanted to surprise you when you get off work." He informed, standing up straight and turning to face me.

"Ah," I pressed my lips together. "My father told me."

Seokjin sighed. "I only asked him to let you out early, why'd he have to go and expose me."

I shrugged. "Nevermind that, why are you here and what's with the flowers?"

"Hmm, yes," He extended his hand with the bouquet towards me. "I wanted to ask you out on a date."

I took the bouquet— fingers curling around the white paper that it was wrapped in— without breaking eye contact with him.

"D-date?"

He nodded, some strands of his hair that the hairspray had given up on, fell into his eyes. "We haven't been on one for a long time. So?"

He extended his elbow for me to take, wiggling his eyebrows comically. I couldn't help but laugh and loop my arm around his.

"Sure thing, I'd love to!"

My phone vibrated in my pocket but unfortunately I didn't notice it at that time.