001

now playing

now playing..

"Resonance"
-HOME

-

        It's almost blinding—the large, colorful lights that scattered across the restaurant. The aura of the pizzeria itself could be felt for miles. The confetti littering the checkered floors sparkled as the kids' small feet stomped on it throughout their playful activities.

     Your eyes met the giant eyes of the two animatronics that stood tall on the sturdy wooden stage, teeth almost a little too large for their kid-friendly design.

  It's enough to freak out anyone above the age of thirteen, but the kids seem to enjoy it quite a lot.

    The skin tight grip of the small child's hand wouldn't let go of you, her timid behavior mixing in with her excitement to go run around.

     Your fascination with the animatronics and what's underneath the fur made the visits here not so unbearable—having to hear the same songs every visit.

  "Can I go see Spring Bonnie?"

  Your eyes met those of the much shorter girl, her smile almost ear to ear at that point

  "Of coure, Liv, you're the birthday girl after all. Just let me talk to a few adults first." You spoke to your little cousin.

"You are too." She giggled. "You're old now."

"Oh, hush. We're birthday buddies."

Your eyes gazed up at those of an older male, his light brown hair a mess from a child sitting on his shoulders.

     "Hey, how've you been?" Henry greeted you as Liv slightly hid behind your leg, not a giant fan of speaking to unfamiliar adults. You could relate to her timid behavior—you used to be the same way, and those traits still shine through occasionally.

   "Oh, I've been great. I've been watching this little hell-spawn for a bit." You ruffled Olivia's braided hair as a shy smile rested on her red face.

      "That's relieving to hear." A chuckle left his lips as the child on his shoulders messes with his hair, a giggle leaving her lips.

"Charlie, you're giving me stress-induced grey hairs already. You're only five."

      His hazel eyes looked up at her, his glasses sitting on the bridge of his nose. You recognized the frames—ray ban browline. The small crack in the left lenses made you chuckle a little.

  "When are you ever gonna retire those glasses?" Your arms crossed as Olivia let go of your hand. Henry's eyes met yours again, his hands resting on his daughters ankles above her converse.

    "The day I die. I'm getting buried in these." He took the glasses off, looking at them with his raw vision. "They've served me well."

You heard footsteps behind you, your aunt appearing next to you.

"Well, I wouldn't have expected you to be here." She crossed her arms, smiling at you. "Eighteen today and you still enjoy places like this?"

"Eighteen, huh?" Henry scoffed. "I should've gotten you toilet paper as a present or something."

My aunt snorted as Henry's wife walks over, her eyes lighting up as she sees her old friend. Olivia tugs at her mother's shirt. "Mommm can I please go see Spring Bonnie?"

"One second, hon, let the adults finish talking." She dismissed her daughter as she continued her conversation with Mrs. Emily, the blonde woman laughing with your aunt.

That bugged you a little, your eyes watching as your aunt waves away her daughter. Henry places Charlie down onto the checkered flooring, the child running over to her brother.

"Have you seen the new location yet?" Henry asked, to which you shook your head, "I haven't had the chance to go yet, they've been so busy."

"I can show you the blueprints if you'd like." His offer intrigued you—your love for robotics and engineering spiking up as he led you to his office.

The door closed behind you, children's excited screaming and the music now muffled behind the walls of the office. "They have a lot of new features and I'm extremely proud of them." He looked through a filing cabinet in the corner behind his desk.

He pulls out a few vanilla folders and placed them on his desk, spreading out a few papers. You stood next to him, looking down at the plans and blueprints.

"They can actually roam off the stage without even needing a person inside of them. It's amazing! Though Will wasn't very happy about it, I decided to scrap the springlock mechanism in the suits."

You were confused, your eyes meeting his. "Why? That's nearly a state of the art idea right there!"

Henry rolled up his sleeve, two even lines with dots and crescent shapes in between them seemed to be scarred into his skin.

You hissed slightly, wincing at the scar. "Ouch. What happened?"

"I was trying to oil some of the mechanical hinges on one of the arms, and the springlocks activated. To my luck, I only had an arm piece on." He let his fingers rub over the scar, the memory seemingly running through his head.

"Anyhoo, the new animatronics are new animals as well." He flipped over a page to reveal a photo of all four characters together, quickly dismissing the subject.

"Freddy, Bonnie, Chica, and Foxy." He pointed at them as he said their names, the photo being slightly grainy and saturated but you could still make out what exactly was going on.

"This is amazing." You picked up a blueprint of the Foxy character. "I bet lots of kids absolutely adore this one." You pointed to his pirate features, the hook included.

"Oh, definitely. He's a fan favorite. He sings all these pirate songs and even talks like one." Henry looks down at his work, shuffling through the pages.

A frantic knock throws both of you out of your fascinations, your eyes trained onto the door.

"I cannot find Olivia, please, God, tell me she's in here." Your aunt looked disheveled, and stressed out of her mind.

"I'm, I'm sorry, Carol, she isn't in here. It's just us." Henry answers her, stepping forwards.

"We can help find her, I'm sure she's around somewhere." You walked after her out of the office, to the loud diner of children.

𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘥𝘺 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘤𝘬𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘧𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘳𝘴 // On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara