2

The day I went missing was the day I died. 5 years in hell forged me into a weapon, which I will use to honour a vow I made to my father who sacrificed his life for mine. In his final moments he told me the truth, that our family's wealth had been built on the suffering of others. That he failed our city and that it was up to me to save it and right his wrongs. But to do that without endangering the people closest to me...I have to be someone else. I have to be something else.

The Queen's Mansion
Scarlet's POV

" Tommy," I say, as I turn my head to look at him with a raised eyebrow.

" Mhm," he says not looking at me as he turns off the car.

" Why the fuck, are we at the Queen's mansion?" He turns to me and gives me an innocent smile. My lips stay in a straight line making his smile drop, a sigh escaping his lips as he leans back on the steering wheel.

" Look I just-" he furrows his eyebrows still staring in front of him. "I can't be alone with him," It's my turn to furrow my eyebrows. I stay silent causing him to turn to me. " I know," he nods his head. " He's my best friend, but I feel guilty,"

" Because of Laurel?"  I raise an eyebrow.

" N- Well yes but," he shakes his head, " He's not the same Oliver, there's something different about him and I just don't wanna make a wrong move, you know?" He meets my gaze with furrowed brows, his eyes filled with hope.

" And what kinda friend would you be if you didn't show up to his resurrecting, right?" I lay back, turning my head, giving him a smile, allowing one to also spread across his lips.

" I can not express how much I love you, Scarlet Smith," my heart seems to skip a beat but I ignore it, I'm over him, I've been over him. I give him a glare.

" Lose the last name Merlyn before I leave you in there all by yourself," I gesture to the mansion, he only smiles as he gets out of the car. I follow suit.  " Just so you know," he looks over at me, " You owe me a burger," he playfully rolls his eyes, as he puts his arm around me.

🏹🏹🏹

" It's fine. I've been in a courtroom before," we hear Oliver reassure, just as we enter.

" Three times by my estimate," Tommy states, allowing our presence to be known. I lean on the door frame as Tommy makes his way to the castaway. "There is the DUI, the assault on that paparazzi douchebag, stealing that taxi which was awesome by the way," he pats Oliver on the shoulder.

" You're missing one," I point out, everyone turns to me, and I meet Oliver's eyes, as I gesture to him with my head. " When he peed on a cop," Oliver raises an eyebrow an almost impressed look on his face.

I turn back to, the Merlyn " With how many times you told me that story, I'm surprised you forgot it," Tommy goes to speak but is cut off by Moira.

" I wish everyone would forget that," she states as Walter hands her, her coat.

" I'd hang but I'm going to court," Oliver says turning to his best friend.