16

The Base
Scarlet POV

" Ow" Felicity says as she falls on the floor. Digger helps her up.

" The trick is to keep your weight evenly distributed." I say

" I thought the trick was to avoid getting into fights." Felicity says rubbing her the back of her shoulder.

" Starling City's not the kind of place...where you can talk your way out of trouble." I say sighing from the amount if times my brother had gotten into fights and needed my help to get out of them.

" Besides, if you're gonna be working with us...We'll sleep a lot easier knowing that you can handle yourself." Digger says handing Felicity her water.

" At least a little bit." I say. Felicity and Diggle smile at each other. We hear the door open. Oliver comes down the stairs.

" How'd it go?" Diggle asks

" Badly for him." Oliver answers.

" Who him?" Felicity asks.

" An assassin for hire with an affinity for knives." Oliver says

" His name was Guillermo Barrera." I say as I check my phone from the latest alert. Oliver walks towards me.

" Was?" Felicity asks

" So we can't ask him about his intended target?" Diggle asks. Oliver leans down beside me and crosses the name Guillermo Barrera off the list. He turns to the three of us.

" No, which is why I need one of you to hack his phone." Oliver says to me and Felicity " Barrera's world-class. He kills high-profile targets. And whatever job he was hired for isn't finished. We need to figure out who he was here to kill, and fast. They are probably still in danger. Okay?" He ask handing the phone to Felicity

" Yeah." She mutters.

" We have to meet McKenna." Oliver says to me. I nod and grab my coat. It was Tommy's birthday I wore a black jump suit. Diggle and Felicity look up at him.

" Good thing she didn't meet you at the heliport." Diggle says. Oliver walks past them " may not be a good idea to fall for the cop that's hunting you down."

" Well it's slim pickings for us vigilantes." Oliver says over his shoulder.

Laurels Apartment

" Sorry I'm late" Oliver says as we catch McKenna in the hallway wearing her shoes.

" No I am." She says fixing her dress. " I just got caught up at the office."

" Me too. Wow." Oliver says looking at McKenna's outfit. " You look nice." McKenna laughs and they kiss. I look away checking my phone. They stop.

" Oh hi." McKenna says to me surprised to see me. Guess she didn't notice me before. " Who is this?" She asks Oliver. I give her a warm smile making her less tense then she was before.

" Scarlet Smith I'm friends with Thea." I say. She returns the smile and shakes my hand.

" And uh you guys came together?" McKenna asks looking between me and Oliver.