Chapter 22

Today was the day George felt the stress being taken off his shoulders. He had just sent the payment for the hospital bill. Having enough to pay for it as well as extra for him to use on his own. It was now the afternoon. Usually, they would cook a meal for lunch but they decided to be lazy and had ordered pizza instead.

Now they sat in the living room, munching on their delicious cheese pizza, starting to binge watch a Netflix series.

"We haven't gone out in a while," Clay says as he takes a bite out of the slice of pizza he was holding.

"True," George mumbled, chewing. "I kind of like staying home with you though."

"Not much of an outdoor person, are you?"

George shook his head. "Nope. I don't like talking to people."

"What about me?"

George pretends to look thoughtful. "I can make an exception for you though, since you're pretty cute."

"I'm cute?" Clay raises an eyebrow. "What does that make you?"

He rolled his eyes, grinning. "Sexy, of course."

Clay laughs, suddenly pressing his lips onto George. They closed their eyes for a moment, relishing their kiss.

"You are pretty sexy," Clay says when they break apart.

"Ugh, your breath tastes like pizza," George complained, wiping his mouth with his hand.

"And yours didn't?"

"Nope."

"Whatever, George."

-

"I'm tired of binge watching," Clay says suddenly. It has been several hours since they had finished their pizza. "Let's go outside."

George pries his eyes away from the show. "What's up with this suddenness?"

The blonde shrugs. "I don't know, I kind of just want to go out." He looks at him. "Are you down?"

He sighs, getting up from the sofa, patting his joggers down. "Yeah I guess, let me go change then. Where are we going?"

"Sunset watching at the beach?" Clay suggests.

"Sure," George says as he walks to the bedroom and into the walk in closet. He selected a pair of light blue jeans and white tee shirt.

They both headed to the parking lot, hopped into Clay's car and drove off to the beach. When they had arrived, the sun was still too far up to show it's brilliant rays of orange, yellow, and red. The two boys opted to head to the edge of the water and chase each other, occasionally splashing the other.

Clay kicks the water behind him, which ended up splashing George's face. He suddenly stops, sputtering at the salty water that had sprinkled onto his face.

"What the fuck, Clay?" George laughs. "I'm taking my revenge!"

"No you're not," Clay grins as he dodges a wave of water from George. "You're such a slow poke, you'll never catch me."

The taller begins to dash forward, racing away from George who, sadly, was too slow for Clay. When George had finally caught up with Clay, they were away from the water, on a low sloping hill mixed of sand and grass. They lied down, exhausted next to each other.

"You're so out of shape," Clay teases.

"I don't work out," he mumbles.

"Maybe I should start taking you to the gym with me."

"Maybe you should."

They stared fondly at each other's eyes, the setting sun's radiant rays reflecting in their eyes.

Then their lips met in a soft, delicate kiss.