01x01 Pilot

Pilot

" Welcome home Mr Queen,"

The name of the island they found me on is Lian Yu

The name of the island they found me on is Lian Yu. It's Mandarin for 'purgatory'. I've been stranded here for 5 years. I've dreamt of my rescue every cold, black night since then. For 5 years, I have had only one thought, one goal; survive. Survive and one day return home. The island held many dangers. To live, I had to make myself more than what I was, to forge myself into a weapon. I am returning not the boy who was shipwrecked but the man who will bring justice to those who have poisoned my city. My name is Oliver Queen.

Starling City

I fall to the floor, kicking my legs underneath his feet, causing him to fall. Taking advantage I grab my knife off the floor, sliding it in my boot, as I run towards the wall, angling my legs underneath me, I jump off of it and grab the rope connected to the high ceiling, the stone floating beside it. I start to climb, mentally thanking the gloves I wore to stop any splinters from happening to my hands. 

Suddenly a weight appears on my legs, pulling me down. Using all the strength I have left I try to continue climbing but fail, as I'm pushed to the floor, once again. 

" Gotta be faster than that," He says with a laugh. He gets the upper hand and goes to climb the rope. Rolling my eyes, I raise my hand, my fingers pointing at a corner of the ceiling, as I focus on the object. It begins to move following my command. The boy now halfway to the ceiling, watches it go with a scowl. 

" That's cheating!" He calls down at me causing me to smirk.

" Sucks to suck, Wes," I say using my brother's nickname, as I head to the corner of the room, where are stuff was piled up. He jumps down from the rope.

" You know," He says, falling into step with me. " if you didn't have the advantage I'd win every time." I raise an eyebrow at him, but before I can challenge him the TV on the opposite side of the room catches my eye.

" Oliver Queen is alive." The newscaster, states as a picture of the castaway appears on the screen. My eyes widen.

" Oh shit," Wesley says, now holding two water bottles.