"Have you visited the seers below?" I asked, a hand resting atop the dagger stuck to my thigh.

He looked like he was about to attack me any second.

"She feared the seers, why would she-" He paused, dots connecting, "thank you, guard. I'll be off,"

I scoffed as I watched him sprint down the stairs at the end of the hallway, leaving his door opened.

He was such a northerner.

Respectively, I shut the door behind him, not before grabbing the keys stuck to the other end of the door. I didn't want anybody looking through their belongings, more specifically Lara's belongings. Immediately, Lara's pregnancy rushed to my mind, forcing my heart into a frenzy of panic.

Where would she be?

She did mention that her past wasn't as pure as her brothers, so my mind wandered in all directions as to what she could have done but, to no avail, reached no sensible conclusion.

With a sudden heavy heart, I strolled through the hallway until I reached Luca's chambers and knocked for the second time that day.

Where are you, Lara?

The door swiveled open, rushing a gush of wind through my hair and up my nostrils. There stood Luca wearing a pair of black shows, slacks and a white dress shirt. His eyes smiled, only his eyes, at the sight of me and he pulled the door further ripen to accommodate for my wheelchair.

Silently, I pushed myself into the room. Goddess did my hands burn at the strength it took to pursue that damn piece of metal. I hoped it wasn't showing that I was struggling. In front of Luca, I wanted to seem strong and graceful.

"You called for me," I said, looking up at him.

Before answering, he grabbed a chair from the dining table and placed it in front of him for him to sit. I furrowed my brows at the action, smiling lightly.

"You didn't need to do that," I assured.

"I want to see your eyes when I talk to you, verde," He spoke to me for the first time in 5 days and my heart burst at the sound of his voice.

Ironically, his comment made me lower my eyes and blush furiously. The effect he had on me felt more robust than before, like the string pulling me towards him turned into a trail of fire so bright the sun was envious.

"I missed you," He revealed, reaching for my hands, "I missed you with my entire being,"

"I missed you too," I almost whispered, shivering at the warmth his hands radiated.

"4 days ago, the entire castle was convinced you were mine, and they weren't wrong. You are. You always will be," He shook his head, swallowing, "That was the first time I'd ever cried since my father's death. I think I surprised everybody there,"

My lips parted and without a second thought, I removed my hands from his to cup his beautiful face, "I'm not dying anytime soon. Know that, Luca. I'm not leaving this world without you knowing,"

"Your heart almost stopped,"

"But did it? Did it stop beating?"

"No- but-" I shut him up by laying my lips on his, breaking my own promise.

His eyes held too much sadness and I couldn't stand it because I was the cause of it. I wanted to be his source of happiness, the person he couldn't wait to see nor the person he was worried would slip through his fingers any moment.

Almost immediately he responded, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me to his lap.

Luca's lips moved sensually against mind, slowly and with heartfelt compassion. He kissed me like it was the last time he was going to. He kissed me like he as going to lose me.