I let out a shaky breath, unknowing of what to say to her words. How did I ever forget her? How in the world did I ever forget her? She was my person, the woman that I went to for advice when mother was too busy criticizing my posture and fight.

"I'm sorry," I lowered my eyes, "I just-"

"Don't you dare apologize, little one," She tilted my chin upwards, forcing me to look into her eyes, "the goddess pulled you away from me for a reason and while I may not understand it now, the truth will come out-"

"It always does," I completed, watching as a smile grew onto her lips.

"Exactly," With a satisfied look on her face, she stood up, sliding her arm back into Slaiman's, "I'll see you at the dinner. I really do hope you come back home with us. This castle is no place for a warrior like you,"

It was only then that I remembered father's offer to me that morning.

Home.

The idea of going back to the north terrified me greatly, but the sole image of the sandy oasis that was my home filled the hollowness in my chest every so slightly.

"It was great seeing you Talia, it really was," I confessed, "I missed you greatly,"

"Me more, habibti," She said, sending me a wink, "your brother has bored me a bit,"

"Hey," He growled, tightening his grip on her arm, "that wasn't nice,"

She snickered, "Sorry dear, I just missed my girly. We'll be off now. Can't wait to see what you will wear tonight, I bet you'd make even a potato sack look worthy,"

I chuckled, shaking my head, "That's you, not I,"

"I beg to differ,"

"Oh, get a room you two!" Slaiman exclaimed, glaring at me, "Your male was looking for you, by the way,"

My eyes widened at the thought of Luca.

"Where is he?" I asked.

"In his chambers," Slaiman clarified, "See you at the ball, sister,"

"See you two tonight, farewell!" I waved them goodbye and they did the same before pushing myself to Hamza's room.

It was close to Luca's room, so I thought it would be a good idea to look for Lara before visiting my male. She deserved that; to be put first. Her mother was a witch for not giving her daughter the attention she so deeply deserve and by being her friend, I would make her my first priority. She was kind enough to approach me in all my coldness when she first saw me. She called me her soul sister.

Finally, I reached Hamza's door and knocked, heart beating out of my chest.

A minute or two later, the door opened revealing a Hamza with circles as dark is night under his eyes and hair flying in all directions. In his hand, he held a glass of bourbon whiskey and in his belt was a knife strapped.

He looked lost.

"You," He grumbled, "what is it you want?"

"I need Lara, is she here?"

His nostrils flared, "I looked everywhere in this castle for her, guard, every where, even the secret corridors you locked. She's no where,"

"I- when was the last time you saw her?"

"2 days ago. She never leaves without saying goodbye. She's been kidnapped-"

"Calm yourself horses, warrior. I sense her presence in this castle. She must be somewhere,"

"I said I looked everywhere!" He growled, eyes glowing a bright amber.

It was nowhere near as bright as Luca's.