Chapter 8: The First Mission, Slaying Skeleton Goblins

"I am quite curious," Alicia confessed. "How does the transporter device worked?"

"Well, first," Owen began as he flipped the book again. "It's called the Transfer Circle though the room is called Transporter Room. Essentially, it works by switching the maneg in our body with ambient maneg in the target world, and somehow it's so instantaneous that the constant is maintained. The long delay of the transfer is due to the circle having to gather up maneg on the other side.

"Element doesn't really matter, just the amount of raw maneg. But that does mean if the area has a lower concentration of maneg, usually only happens after a lot of Orders are thrown about there, we can't transfer there."

---

PIING

Kaomagi

Year 299 AGP

As the rainbow light collapsed around her, Alicia was greeted with another wasteland. However, the soil was deep crimson as if it were painted with blood instead of the grey ashes and the craters were replaced with broken bones, swords, spears, arrows, and anything in between scattered all over the desolate land.

---

"Conveniently," Aqua mused. "The world that you are going into is Kaomagi."

"Hey, that's on our plate!"

"Why is that?" Alicia asked in conjunction with the pixie's conjecture.

"Because Kaomagi is connected to your world," Aqua answered.

"Connected?"

"It means that there is a possibility for travel between these worlds without us being involved. In that case, they are called 'sister worlds.' Many 'Earths' have this trend so we decided to name them with their sister world's name in front of them. As your world's sister world is Kaomagi, it is called Kaomagi Earth."

"I see... I understand."

"Well then," Aqua continued. "Let me tell you a bit about Kaomagi."

And then, she went over the desk, pulled one of its drawers, and took out a metallic rectangular box which she set in on the low table between the sofas.

"Is that... a projector?" Alicia asked.

"Correct," Aqua said as she hooked it up to the computer on the desk.

Then she grabbed a pole resting on a corner, laid it in front of the projector horizontally, opened its tripod, and unrolled it upward. A screen.

"It gives a good visualization of where you are going to," the greater water spirit said.

"I supposed you are right about that," Alicia mused.

The presentation begins.

"Kaomagi is your typical world of swords and magic you read in those fantasy novels."

The projector showed an overview of the world's landscape. It then zoomed into the red wasteland.

"However, in the southeast part of the world exists a Lord of Vengeance who, at every start of the century, rises up and attempts to destroy the world.

"He was supposed to return by the year three hundred AGP, but four years ago, his army, the Vengeful Remnants, suddenly appeared and start marching towards the nearest kingdom.