Chapter 1.3: An Unusual Morning - Part Three

For as long as he knew, she was with him his whole life.

When he was alone, she was there.

When others struck him, she shielded him.

Sure, she left him at one point. But hey, that was normal school kid stuff and she came back.

But he knows that can happen again because of who she is. So, he worked hard, becoming strong himself, strived to make every day full of effort.

So that he may stand beside her.

---

Great, just great.

Owen recalled his entire day, or rather the entire week before this whole mess happened.

After Ronald Bell flew off from the airport, he felt the presence of a hostless Maneg Soul flying about and landed on Alicia. So, he started showing up at the front gate to escort Alicia instead of slumping his cheek on the table in class. And because he did it on a whim, he can't explain it to Alicia inquiring him about it.

Four days later the thought of telling her mom about the Maneg Soul finally crossed his mind. But Irene already suspected it and he affirmed it. She told him to watch over her daughter and to only tell Ronald via [Telepathy] when the Maneg Soul fully merged.

And then it was the day of his grandma's funeral and Alicia got kidnapped.

Fortunately, Ronald's overprotectiveness of his daughter made it easy for Owen to track her down.

But unfortunately, Owen, aside from the first two, with his big brain decided not to fight the kidnappers with Orders. And that resulted in him getting stabbed thirteen times, and the skinny kidnapper probably missed his vital organs on purpose.

Then suddenly, the Maneg Soul had successfully merged with Alicia and she burst into flames, burning the rope tying her. She then pounced the skinny kidnapper with her hands covered in fire maneg, burning the guy's face and frightening the big kidnapper to release him.

And for some reason, she did all of that while screaming really loud, but it did spare him from the fourteenth stab.

And here he is today.

[Coat] all.

Considering what happened, this pointless endeavor has to be let go.

Getting up, he instinctively used [Coat] to plaster his wounds with ice maneg. Slowly, Owen felt the lumps of ice forming on each stab wounds he has. Again, there was no sense of chill since he's always cold, but only the searing pain that was still there.

Then, he looked toward the skinny kidnapper approaching Alicia who was knocked to the wall with the intent to harm her.

Owen knew that he has to stop him.

"Thanks, Alicia. I'll take care of the rest, for real this time." Getting up, Owen thought he might as well thank Alicia and assure her that it's going to be alright.

Follow as I Order, attach to big kidnapper and skinny kidnapper...

Two trails of light blue motes that only Owen could see came out of his Maneg Soul and each latched itself onto the two kidnappers.

...do not absorb heat onward...

But first, this step was declared. It wouldn't do if they were killed from the Order itself.

...form 10 cm thick layer on entire body except head...

Then, a decimeter-thick layer of ice grew from all over the kidnappers' bodies up to their necks. It froze the skinny kidnapper as he moved and the big kidnapper in the middle of getting up from the ground right in their tracks.

...repeat last step, repeat last step, repeat the last step...