Chapter 6: Hundred Percent Loyal Maneg

"Yep, she's a hundred percent loyal."

The man in a white robe said it with confidence. He was the same man who healed Owen's thirteen stab wounds yesterday, Russel.

"What does that mean?" Alicia asked as she came out of a giant cylindrical machine that apparently can check the content of her Maneg Soul.

"Care to explain Owen?" Russel taunted.

"She's asking you," he retorted.

"You're her de facto mentor."

"Well, you're the one who analyzed her Maneg Soul. You're the doctor, explain it to her!"

"Don't wanna."

"What kind of priest are you!?"

"Well Master Gabriel forced me to and I'm a templar."

"That doesn't make any difference!"

"Um, please calm down you two," Alicia mumbled, trying to calm down the two bickering boys.

"Please do not mind them too much. Russel enjoys getting into arguments with Owen."

In response to Alicia's attempt to calm both of the bickering boys down, the little girl with a platinum-blonde hair tied to a braid that is resting on her shoulder, Alice.

Right now, she has taken off her cape revealing a simple white one-piece dress down to her lower knees and a pair of white slippers.

"If you do not mind, I will explain it to you in their plage but I believe we have not introduced each other." Alice stood up from the swivel chair and pinched the hem of her dress. "My name is Alice Es. A pleasure to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too," Alicia greeted back in a similar fashion taught by her mother. "My name is Alicia Bell."

"Oh, so you are Ronald's daughter!"

"You know my father?"

"Everyone here in the Otherworldly Court should know each other but your father... or rather, your family should be well-known."

"Huh?"

"After all, the Bell Conglomerate has helped us a lot in our effort in safeguarding worlds."

"I see..." Alicia widened her eyes. She didn't know these Bell Branches her father talked about last night were that important.

"Ah, we are straying from the topic You have not been explained in detail about loyal maneg, correct?"

"Yes, Owen said that it is something I will learn later."

"Yes, but in this situation, you should know now." And Alice began, "I believe Owen had already taught you that a Maneg Soul is composed of two types of maneg: disloyal maneg and loyal maneg.

"Well, disloyal maneg is what we mostly refer to as just maneg. It is the one we normally use for Orders. But, they do not stay as Orders forever."

"Um, what do you mean by that?"

"...Here is an equation." Alice took the same book lying on a table and flipped it before showing it to Alicia.

Order Duration (s)= Initial maneg (100%) / (Initial maneg (100%) - Efficiency (x%)) * Time Interval (s)

"Basically," Alice continued. "Once an Order is given, a part of the maneg used 'breaks off' in a Time Interval until it eventually disperses completely. Time Interval depends on how many steps you give the Order.

"Take an [Iceball] for example. Usually, it has two steps thereby making the Time Interval is two seconds. Meaning every two seconds the ball of ice will have a whole chunk of it break off instantly and the same size for the next."