Chapter 13.1: Bell Branch Troubles - Start

Azhure: Alright, this is going to be the first part of chapter 13 rewritten under a new title to boot. Frankly, I should have done this much earlier - I'm practically cringing myself reading what past me thought was a cool idea.

Voice: Yeah!

Azhure: I'll keep the same number of sub-chapters as the original to make it less of a headache for me to upload the rewrites, so expect them to be longer than usual. Also, I'll tweak Alicia Chapter 19 to reflect some of the changes I've made to this chapter. Enjoy.

---

PIING

Qantasia

Year 456

"Are we on a beach?" Alicia wondered as she took to her surroundings once the light of the transfer died down.

"Whoa! Nice place!"

The salty breeze permeated the air as the sound of the waves came crashing down from her right. Alicia could feel the sand below her feet acting like a cushion sinking her where she stood. Seagulls flap their wings taking to the skies above the sea. All in all, this place looked like a great tourist destination.

"Yep, welcome to Coastline," Owen remarked with a shrug.

"Hm, I still cannot wrap my head around the name of this kingdom just because it stretches along the coast," Alicia said confusingly with the name she was briefed beforehand.

"Eh, don't worry about it," Owen waved off, walking past her. "It only gets weirder from there."

"I-Is that so?" Alicia chuckled wryly.

"..."

They're not the only ones here; there was William the Air Guardian. Just because he's one of the leaders of the Otherworldly Court doesn't mean he won't do fieldwork - recruited Guardians still have the same first year as any other Court Wizards. Furthermore, the Trust boy has a reason for joining.

---

"I get paid for this," the Air Guardian said bluntly. This was on top of the salary for being a Guardian.

---

Alicia was subtly reminded of William's family situation.

"Let's go," said a rough voice who went ahead of the group.

One more Court Wizard was joining them on Qantasia, someone who's from this world. Though honestly, Alicia was more interested in his Element: Nature. It was one of the more esoteric Court Wizard Elements with its symbol being two halves of two separate symbols mashed together.

This was because the Nature Element was split into two types a Nature Court Wizard can become: flora and fauna and can be identified by the green and brown maneg color respectively. Those categories were self-explanatory; flora nature is plant-based and fauna is animal-based. As to why it was the way it was, it was something Alicia would learn later.

Anyway, the Nature Court Wizard with them was flora and is a tall man, 192 cm tall, and about 20 years old. He has short black hair and obsidian eyes alongside a scar on his left cheek. He also wore an old beat-up cloak that must have been with him for years with tears being visible that could tell a lot of things.