Chapter 12: The Second Mission, Stealth-Killing Bandits

Azhure: Turns out, this is a second rewrite. Well, I still have to add more stuff to make the other rewrites sense.

Voice: Now half of the chapter is in italics!

Azhure: Anyway, I'm not splitting rewrites anymore 'cause rearranging chapters on some sites is a nightmare.

---

PIING

Beohar

Year 483

All Alicia could see was a very lush forest. She could barely see the sky let alone the horizon with how tall and dense the trees were. The only thing she could make out was the ice-blue mountain... no, the volcano in the middle of erupting but was completely frozen mid-way.

---

"I see you are here, Alicia, Owen," Aqua said with a smile. James, Jill, Richard, and Rose were in the chamber as well. "Good, we can start the briefing. And since Alicia's new here, I will go over the details all of you already knew, is that fine?"

None had any objections whatsoever.

Satisfied, Aqua blared up the projector and showed a topside view of the landscape of a world with the interesting landmarks of note being the ice-blue mountain-like area and the only large area of water south from it that's still landlocked. Curiously, the picture was cropped in a circle.

"This is Beohar," Aqua began, directing her explanation to Alicia. "The land inhabited with humans, half-animals, and dangerous beasts." Zooming to the icy mountain. "And this was the world where Owen froze this volcano when the emperor of the Palras empire tried to erupt it to destroy the kingdom of Vulgis."

"Wow! Short Cream did that!?"

Chuckling at Voice pretending it's the first time she heard aside, much to the said Short Cream's chagrin, Aqua continued, "That also meant the people of Beohar publicly know about us with the frozen volcano since then being called the Frozen Volcano of Vulgis."

"Oh? They know about us?" Alicia blinked at that new information. But she supposed it would be impossible to hide something like an entire volcano frozen solid from the populace.

"Yes," Rose nodded. "Although it is preferable to only let a few people know about us for smoother operations, sometimes it is unavoidable that an entire world acknowledges us and by extension, other worlds."

"True, it is quite inconvenient when the whole world watches our every move." Aqua then moved the view of the world to the dense forestry where the only clearing was one long road. "Anyway, the mission today takes place here in the forest pathway connecting the human Palras empire and the half-animal Vulgis kingdom."

---

It was two weeks after her first mission in Kaomagi, now she has stepped foot in the second. That said, she didn't sit by idly during that timeframe.

---

The week before.

"Right, we're gonna need to test if you can use [Telepathy]," Owen said. "Try using the first method."

"Alright then." Alicia straightened out two of her fingers and placed them behind her earlobe.

Then, directing her focus to Owen's Maneg Soul's signature, she said the name of the Order, [Telepathy]. Each Maneg Soul has memorized it since it was born as the Mother Souls deemed it too useful to not have it passed down. Incidentally, because it was memorized, the steps for this Order were lost as no one bothered to record it.