Chapter 26: Getting things straight

*Patton POV*

I'm very confused right now. Last time Logan and Virgil interacted with each other for more than a few minutes it ended in a fight.

"I guess so. Logan, you go first," Virgil says.

Logan nods. He explains his side of the story. The side I never actually fully heard. Once Logan finishes, Virgil tells his side. I'm pretty sure now would be the perfect time for me and Logan to play dress-up. Or as he calls it, 'getting into the proper mindset'. It doesn't change the fact we dress up as Sherlock and Watson. 

"Soooo..." Roman says, "Something's up,"

"You think?" Virgil asks.

"Yes, I-" Roman stops and glares at Virgil.

Virgil smirks.

"So who do you guys think is the cause of this? It can't be coincidental," I say.

"Logan and I have been working on that. But this just proves it's the landlady," Roman says.

That explains his frequent trips over to Logan's place. I knew it couldn't just be emotional support, Logan wouldn't let that happen. 

"I guess. But what proof do we have?" I say, "It's not like we know anyone who can hack into security cameras,"

"Weeellll," Virgil says, his voice going high-pitched.

"Well, what?" Roman asks.

"I may or may not know a person. But there's no way I'm calling him," He says.

"Then why'd you bring it up?" Roman asks.

"Who is it?" Logan asks.

"Call Remus," Virgil says, "He can convince him and he's fine with interacting with him,"

"Who?" Roman pushes.

"My ex, who I prefer to not speak of," He says.

Janus.

*Roman POV*

"Woah woah woah," I say, "Hold up. Isn't there any other way to do this?"

They all shrug.

"We could try asking nicely," Patton suggests.

Logan pinches the bridge of his nose.

"That won't work," He says.

"Unless we do it under the pretense of something else," Virgil says. 

I look over at Patton. He seems startled.

"Or not," He says, "We shouldn't lie, that'll lead to more trouble,"

"Or it could be the solution," Virgil says.

"No! Lying is bad! Maybe we should just move on," Patton says, "You guys seem better now, and we know the whole incident was neither of your guys' fault," 

"True, but this is Virgil and Logan we're talking about. They don't just let something go and move on. Remember what happened last year to the Regina George-like girl?" I say.

Virgil smirks. He remembers exactly what I'm talking about.

"That was really extreme. And you guys, we could get in serious trouble with this," Patton says.

"True, but I think it's worth the risk. By the sounds of things, the landlady broke more than a few rules in the contract," Logan says.

"Ok, but this is still wro-" Patton starts.

"I think we should do it," Virgil says.

"Hey, let Pat speak," I snap.

A flash of guilt crosses Virgil's face.

"Right, sorry," He says.

"I don't think we should do this. I know you guys want to get back at her, but we're four broke college students in a foreign country. What can we do?" Patton says.

He makes a pretty good argument. I am making some money from filming, but I'm a background and occasionally side character. Plus, I'm 19 and a newbie in the business. It's just enough to cover rent, food, and occasional trips to places here. Not a lot of revenge money.

"We can reprimand her and make sure her business profits go down by warning people of her antics," Logan suggests.

"Yes. That's perfect. How soon can we do this?" Virgil asks.

Logan shrugs.

"After cake, I hope?" I say.

Patton brightens up.

"Oh yeah! I almost forgot! Virge made you a cake!" He says, rushing over to the kitchen.

*Logan POV*

A few hours pass before I go back to my apartment. I kiss Virgil goodbye and get on my way. I will admit, I'm thrilled to finally be back with him. He's the love of my life, there's no doubt about that.

As I'm waiting for the bus, I pull out my phone. I scroll through Virgil and I's messages, noticing that he blocked me. I put my phone away.

While I'm on the bus, I see that he unblocked me. So I text him.

Thank you for everything today.

Np

I turn off my phone and smile.

Once I arrive at my apartment, I go inside, checking my pockets to make sure I have my key. I do.

I go upstairs to find my door open. Just a small amount, but it raises my guard. I always close and lock my door, there's no way I could have forgotten. Especially with the threats I've been getting from other tenants.

I push open my door, taking a cautious step inside. I look around. There's no one in here. But something feels off.

I look around my room. My bed has been messed with, as well as my desk. I always make my bed and keep my papers organized, and neither are right now. 

Apart from my bed and desk, everything seems fine. Until I notice one important detail. My computer is missing.

I go back downstairs, making sure I close and lock my door. To my luck, May is down here.

"I'd like to file a report," I say.

She raises an eyebrow.

"And why is that?" She asks.

"My room was broken into and my computer was stolen," I say.

She yawns.

"I'll look into it later. Consider your report filed," She says, walking away.

I glare at the back of her head. That's what she says every time I try to report something.

"Actually, I'd like to look into it now, if you don't mind. It should just be an easy check on the security cameras, should it not?" I ask.

May sighs.

"Alright, follow me," She says.

She leads me to the back room where she has a computer monitor. I see the hallway, the floor above mine, the entrance, and the first floor all monitored. 

She types some things ad pulls up the hallway. A recording of the past few hours plays. She skips through most of it, stopping at around 3 PM, and hour after I left. We see someone pick my lock, go in, and come out with my computer. They then go downstairs, and never come back up.

I feel a bit of disappointment. I won't get it back.

"Well, there you have it. There's nothing I can do, so scram," May says.

I nod and leave. At least now I know where her security camera footage is.

I have nothing really to say or update on. So I hope you enjoyed reading, feel free to leave any thoughts or feedback in the comments, and have a splendid day/night you magnificent peep!