PT.2 C H A P T E R FIFTEEN

Start from the beginning

"Talk to me." I felt her grab my hand and run her fingers over my palm.

This was how I dealt with shit now. I had to talk because holding it in only caused more problems. I had to constantly remind myself of that.

So, I talked. "My parents.. I had to go through years of hearing them hate one another before they divorced. I don't.. I'm scared that'll be my future." I looked over and saw the realization spread across her face. "I can't imagine yelling at you or hating you and I'm scared that taking the next step will lead to just that."

Her head nodded softly as she looked away. "You don't wanna be your parents but you're scared 'cause you already followed your father for a long time?" Exactly.

"Can I be honest?" I nodded. "I've had the same fears. My dad was abusive to my mother and she took it for years for the sake of us. He'd beat her, cheat, mistreat her. And I sit and think sometimes 'if Y/n were to be become that person my father was, would I take it?' And that's.." I frowned at her words. That's how she felt? "That's when I'd take a step back and really look at you."

She grabbed my chin and turned me to face her. "I wouldn't do that to you." I mumbled lowly and she nodded, caressing my cheek with her thumb. "I'd never lay a finger on you.. I wouldn't be that person."

"And I don't plan to give you a hard life, Y/n, ever. You told me that you were here to be my peace, baby I'm the same way." I dropped my head slightly but she picked it back up. "Stop looking down because you have nothing to be ashamed of. We both grew up in bad childhood homes, that should be even more motivation to wanna break the chain. I'm willing to break that chain with you."

See what she does.. every doubt or fear I have just evaporates when I look into her eyes. Especially when she's looking at me like that.

"And if we can't break it?" I questioned softly, my mind thinking of the bad before the good. "What if no matter how hard we try, it's already set it stone?"

She smiled. "Then we'll carve another stone. I'll carve a million of them before I let us fall again, you hear?" I breathed out a chuckle before nodding softly. "Okay? Are we good?"

I nodded and pulled her forward to straddle my lap before wrapping my arms around her, my head dropping on her chest. She soothing scratched my scalp as we just hugged. Something we both probably needed.

"I'm sorry for walking out." I said in a muffle against her shirt. "I should've just talked."

She nodded and pressed her lips to my forehead. "Yeah you should have but you came back, I appreciate that." I wrapped my arms tighter around her and inhaled deeply, grinning when her forever good smelling ass fragrance wafted into my nose. "I love you so much, Y/n. More than anything."

"I love you too." I spoke back, truthfully feeling it bubbling up in my core. It was silent for a moment again and that's when the smile came, my hands pulling her closer as I whispered, "I'm gonna marry you."

"Hm?" She mumbled and pulled back but I shook my head and wrapped my arms around to pull her close again. "Did you say something?" I shook my head again.

Yeah.. I was gonna marry her. Just had to get the last little bit of dumb nigga out.

-

"You've gotta teach new how to make this." I said to Monica as I ate the.. flying fish? I think that's what it's called.

She smiled and rubbed my arm. "I'll write the recipe down for you."

"Mom?" Robyn said with a dropped jaw. "Every time I ask you say 'I'm busy' that's not fair."