Chapter 8: Fighting through the Hordes

Horrific Hive screeching echoed all around as Thrall raced towards the guardians, there teeth gnashing.

The Fireteam met the Hive's ferocity with there own, and they slowly carved a path through the horde.

"On you left!" shouted Garter, as Hive soldiers, having taken cover behind some pillars, took aim at the team with ruthless precision.

Jel and Kel shot at the entrenched Hive as Garter put his forearm in front of his face and shoved, and suddenly a glowing, white and translucent wall appeared out of thin air.

"Get behind this!" Garter said to his teammates.

Kel and Jel followed his commands and ducked behind the wall, peaking over it and taking a few shots every so often.

Garter jumped over the wall and flew up into the air.

He came down and hit the ground with fists of pure arc energy, as every Hive troop around was knocked backwards by the awoken titan using his super.

Garter led the charge through the fortress, as they fought through the entryway, and then deeper into the massive base.

As they finished off the last soldiers in the third room, Jel noticed a glowing green square on the ground.

"Jel! Get back here!" Kel shouted, as he and Garter finished off the rest of the Hive.

Jel walked over to the square and poked it with the end of his rifle.

All three of them heard a mechanical click, and an opening suddenly appeared between Jel's legs.

With a cry, Jel fell into the hole as it closed behind him.