"About." she chuckles. "We really don't give you much time to yourself, huh?"

"I mean, look at what happened the other day when you did. I fucked up."

"But it gave us this chance to talk about this. To finally figure out your feelings and make sense of your problems. We know the whole story now, and we'll do whatever it takes to make this work. Make you more comfortable."

Cynthia opens her arms to me and I lean into her, resting my head on her chest, but keeping my hold on Karin's hand. I nuzzle into her for a moment before peeking over her shoulder, reaching my hand out for Sienna. She raises an eyebrow, but takes my hand with an eyeroll and a gentle squeeze. "We're here for you, Jen."

"I know you guys. I... I love you all." I smile up at Sienna then press a kiss to Cynthia's cheek. I feel it stretch under my lips as she smiles and I sit back up and stand up, releasing their hands and stretching my arms over my head. "Mushy stuff with you guys is weird."

Cynthia laughs and reaches her hands under my shirt, scribbling at my slightly exposed stomach and making me curl into myself with a squeal. "It's a nice change of pace from your being standoffish."

"Yeah... I promise that'll happen a lot less from now on. So what's on the agenda today?"

"Well, as I said, we're going to give you more freedom. How about we go ahead and start with discussing that?" Cynthia takes my hands and I nod, sitting down in the chair across from her again. Karin comes around from the side of the chair and sits in my lap and I raise an eyebrow at her, but shrug and wrap my arms around her waist. "As you know, Anjennica has her own apartment here in the city, paid for by us, obviously. She's under constant visual, though. Tracker on her phone and collar, etcetera. Would you b-"

"No."

"No?"

"No. I don't want to be on my own. It's not safe. The hunters that escaped may have gone to my quadrant and reported sightings of me. I've been on the run from them since I was an early teenager, so obviously I'm a wanted person. Not to mention, I've never been in a place by myself because of the possible danger imposed by that cursed woman. I'm not leaving here. I feel safe here." I squeeze Karin tighter and she pets my head soothingly, scraping her nails against my scalp. Cynthia simply nods and leans back in her chair.

"Well, what kinds of freedom do you want?"

"Well, first of all, I definitely need a cellphone. Not that you guys are boring or anything, but I need something to do. Plus, I haven't talked to my aunt in a while. I mean, I moved out but I still texted her pretty often. I need to make sure she hasn't listed me as missing, given I haven't talked to her in months."

"Oh don't worry about that, dear. Anjennica told me she's been keeping in touch with your aunt. Supposedly they'd gotten rather connected while she was vetting you."

I can feel myself blank out as the words slowly process in my brain. "...What? I mean, it's not a problem, but like, why?"

Cynthia shrugs. "I have no idea why she does a lot of things she does. But anyway, yes you can have a cellphone. And no, we won't block anything on it. But I will be asking for it every week to keep an eye on you."

I deflate a little bit at that but then shrug softly. "I have nothing to hide. Anyway, another issue - despite it obviously being justified, given what happened last time - was the fact it seemed like I had all eyes on me in the club. It was uncomfortable."

"Well, given the serious talk we just had, I don't think it'll be necessary again. I'll loosen up on that a bit." she presses her lips to my forehead and I don't notice what she does, but Karin wiggles a little in my lap. I chuckle softly and nuzzle into her back and she leans into me. "Everything's going to be fine from now on, Jennifer. I promise."