Chapter 14

My eyes slowly open and I groan deeply, rolling over onto my side and clinging to my stomach, curled up tightly in pain. I feel slightly disoriented and dizzy, but I slowly lift myself up into a sitting position and blink a couple of times. As I slowly become more aware, I realize that I'm in  Cynthia's room. I go to stand up only to be pulled back down. I reach up to my neck and realize that there's a leash locked onto my collar. I groan softly and look up to see it hooked to the headboard with another lock... I grumble softly under my breath and try to tug free, until the door suddenly opens and the three of them are standing there in the doorway staring at me. I growl angrily and tug again.

"Knock it off. You're gonna snap your neck..." Cynthia makes her way over to the bed and reaches her hand out to me, but I quickly move away to the other side of the bed, growling at her. "Now you stop that... Get back over here."

"So you're scared enough of me that you'll chain me up like a damn dog but you're willing to put your hands near me? You make no sense." She frowns at me and I simply scoff at her. "Don't look at me like that. You look stupid."

She climbs up onto the bed and sits there, silently staring at me as she reaches her hands out "I'm not afraid of you... Come here, Jennifer... I just want to talk to you..."

I look to her warily but slowly start crawling over to her. She smiles lightly and takes my hand, pulling me over to her and scooting in so I can reach her lap. She pulls me in and slowly starts to run her fingers through my hair. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine... The important part is if you guys are okay, I guess..." I lay against her and she smiles slightly. I look over at the other two and they look far more worried than Cynthia... I look to Cynthia and frown. "What's wrong? You guys are okay right?" They look away and I notice bruises on Sienna and Karin. "Oh my GOD what did you do!?" I try to jump from my seat but am jerked back by the leash. I growl softly and start tugging on it again. 

"Jennifer calm down!" Karin runs over and wraps her arms around my waist, holding me up against her and gently kissing the back of my neck "We're alright... That hunter that you fought off of me? He tried to attack you again after he knocked you out, but Sienna and I scared him and the rest off... We weren't exactly unscathed, but we're alright. It's just some bruises..."

"Fine. That's good. Can someone take this fucking thing off of me before I break something trying to get it off myself." I continue to tug and pull at the collar and leash, and Cynthia reaches up and unlocks the leash, letting it drop on the bed before pulling me from Karin's grip and pulling me in to her chest, playing with my hair.

"Alright, there you go.... It's okay now..." she slowly starts to rock back and forth, gently stroking my back with her fingertips making me shiver slightly. I bury my face into her neck. Tears sting  my eyes and I start to shake slightly, clinging to her. She looks down at me and smiles softly, pressing a kiss to my forehead. "What's wrong, dear? They're fine."

"But I'm not... I promised myself I wasn't gonna do it again... After the last time they attacked.. But you guys were so far away and I couldn't get there in time and I... I just.." I continue to shiver and sob. She gently lifts my head and wipes my tears from my eyes.

"I don't understand... What do you mean?" I sigh softly and lean into her again, looking down at the ground and playing with my hair.

"I haven't used my powers in years... I haven't wanted to... And then I get here and those fucking hunters and Karin was in danger and I just kinda jumped on it and after that I promised not to do it again and then they came after you and I was so far away...." I sigh heavily and place my face in my hands, closing my eyes and gently rocking back and forth. "I didn't want it... I didn't want to do it..."

"Shh... It's alright. I'm just thankful that you did." She smiles down at me and lightly runs her fingers up and down my thigh, making me squirm slightly. She chuckles a bit and kisses my cheek. "There that's better. I want to see a smile." She lightly starts to stroke her fingertips back and forth against the underside of my thigh, making me giggle slightly and jerk my leg away. "There. Much better. That's enough tears now, Jenny dear. You need to rest."

"I'm fine... I just.... I dunno. But whatever." I sigh softly, fumbling over my words as I try to fix my scattered thoughts. She sets me back down on the bed and I look over at her,sighing. "I suppose you have some questions? If not I'd be surprised."