Dive

~chapter sixty~

Melody

We finally come to a stop in front of what looks like a loft, it's familiar to the one back home. Ted opens the door for me and it takes me a second before I get out.

He holds the bottom of my dress for me so it doesn't slide on the ground and get dirty. He opens the door for me and we walk into the loft, I hear him close and lock the door behind me.

I walk into the spacious one floor loft and make my way to the modern bedroom, I go into the connecting bathroom and look through the draws and find makeup wipes to my surprise.

I start taking my makeup off then get into the shower and put on one of the shirts in the closet, I put on the brief boxers as panties as I only had lingerie under my dress.

A soft knock comes at the door and I tell them to come in, Ted walks in and positions himself by the door.

I just want my friends right now, I want to hug them and be with them. I want my dad, I want to be in his arms and just tell him I'm not okay. I want to hear him try fix the pieces he let fall apart.

I want my big brother, I want to be in his arms for just a minute or so. I want my mom. My eyes start tearing up at the thought of me reminiscing about everything and everyone.

I see a bed side lamp then reach to unplug it, the rage takes over my body as I throw it across the room screaming, it smashes to the ground only upsetting my sensitive ass even more.

I drop to my knees by the bed side and cross my arms on the bed crying into them, I actually start praying which haven't done in over a year. I end up crying myself until I'm completely drained and have no choice by to knock out.

I'm half asleep when I feel arms pick me up, they're not familiar arms so I assume it's Ted. He tucks me in and I hiccup form too much tears before completely knocking out.

A soft hand strokes the right side of my face waking me up form my sleep, my eyes flutter open and I look up to a concerned Karter. His thumbs runs past my eyes that are probably puffy form crying.

I sit up seeing a tray with eggs and bacon "It's for you." I turn to Karter when he speaks.

"I'm not hungry." I shake my head suddenly remembering the flood of blood and body's.

"You need to eat something."

"I'm not hungry..."

"Okay." He looks away then stands and I see he's still in yesterday's clothes, he takes his top half of his tuxedo off and throws it on a chair then moves towards the bathroom.

He doesn't fully close the door leaving a crack and then I hear the water start, I look over at the tray and want to eat but I can't bring myself too. I keep seeing the lifeless bodies on the ground.

I get out of bed and make my way towards the bathroom but stop when I hear there's no longer water running, I step back and go to sit on the edge of the bed. Karter comes out with a towel around his low V and wet hair.

He moves past me and starts getting dressed, I turn to see him pull up his brief boxers just in time. He throws a shirt over his head then puts on some jeans on, then looks over at me.

He moves to his tuxedo taking out a small black bag then sits besides me "I was supposed to give it to you after the great sex I planned but..." he hands it to me and I take it. I open the small bag and tip it over pouring the jewelry in my hand.

It's a gold necklace with a yellow dandelion charm in the centre of it, I can't help but smile up at him. He takes it form me and I turn lifting my hair as he puts it on. "Thank you." I hug him tight.

"Anything for you." He tightens his grip around me.

"I keep seeing them," I say behind him "the blood. The bodies." I pull away "I hate the way you sent me away yesterday, with no answers. I felt useless and frustrated."

"I just wanted you to be in a safe place."

"You are my safe place! I couldn't stop thinking about the different scenario or ways they could come back and finish what they started!" I stand realizing too late that I've raised my voice at him.

"When I'm faced with danger I don't run." He stands.

"No, you just send me away out of harms way and then you dive right back into it!"