Leave

~chapter eleven~

Melody

I put music in my ears as I wait for the bus to arrive, for some reason I can't get Karter out my head.

The fact that I slept in his arms and he didn't even hurt me is questionable, why didn't he finish the job? Of course he doesn't sleep so he just held me like I'm his.

He didn't let go or seem uncomfortable but to be honest I don't even recall how I got into his arms like that. Is this what he meant by I'm a temptation? Does he not want to kill me? Is that his problem?

The song War of hearts comes on and it's almost like I'm watching a slideshow of yesterday. I see him zoom in front of me in a blink of an eye, he stands hovering over me.

I ramble cause I'm nervous and he starts to notice, I feel him bit into my next making me gasp. I think my hand on his stomach wanting to push him away but I never did.

My bus comes knocking me out my gaze and I get in. Now that I'm going home, dad's probably mad at me. I don't even have a straight lie so what am I going to say?

I walk into an empty house and I'm kinda grateful. I take the stairs two by two going to my room, I pick out some joggers and a hoodie then go to shower.

My showers hot but quick and I go get change. It's too hot to be wearing a hoodie so I put in a crop top instead, I hear the door open and close downstairs so dad must be home.

I tie the front of my hair back making my way downstairs "Dad?" I call out but get nothing. I check the front to see his car isn't there so who came in? "Tiago?" I call out moving to the kitchen.

I switch the light on to see more clearly but there's no one here, I move around the kitchen just checking if my eyes are not playing with me.

A hard knock comes at the front door almost making me shit myself. I walk over to the door and open it to see Tiago "Hey" he walks in.

"Hi" I close the door behind him "I er- I think there's someone here"

"What?" He turns to me.

"I-i um, I was upstairs then I heard the front door open and close, I kinda thought it was dad but I didn't find him. Then I though it was you but here you are" I tell him.

I watch him disappear into the living room then he goes into the kitchen, he checks the bathroom then takes the stairs up. I loose him on the top staircase and I hear doors opening and closing.

"There's no one here!" I hear Tiago shout and then he comes down "You sure you heard something?"

"I don't know" I bite my thumb nail.

"Wanna go get something to eat?"

"I can't, I gotta stay cause I don't want dad to worry about me. Yesterday I kinda went ghost a just sent him a text" I explain.

"I'll order pizza then" he says and makes his way to the house phone, I go back upstairs and into my room. I pick my phone up looking at the group picture of Kate, Ali and I.

Should I text Karter? And tell him what? I drop my phone on my bed.

While waiting for the pizza to arrive I end up doing homework with Tiago chilling on my bed.

We eat and chill on my bed until dad comes home, he comes in my room to check if I'm here but doesn't say anything when he sees me.
•••
I wake up earlier then usual because I wanted to cut my hair then burn the ends so they don't come out.

I take a cold shower first so I don't do a bad job then start cutting my long braids. I cut them shoulder length then start to slowly burn the ends, I open the window half way through since my rooms getting real heated.

I put an off the shoulders white top and a self knot yellow shorts, I pair it with some white trainers then put some studs in my ears.

I make my way downstairs to find Tiago and dad talking about something but they stop when they see me. "Okay then I'll see you after school" he kisses him forehead.

"I'm going to work on my project but I'll be back before seven" I tell him and he nods leaving the house. I look at Tiago as I get my bowl to put my cereal.

"You want a ride to school?" He asks.

"Um sure" I pour milk into my bowl heat it up then put cereal.

"I'm going tomorrow" he tells me.

"Right. You going back to your someone" I roll my eyes.

"Oh c'mon you always catch an attitude when I leave making me feel like I'm the bad guy"

"Maybe If you feel like the bad guy, it's because you are the bad guy" I put my bowl in the skin then grab my bag ready to leave.