Chapter Five: Loki Skyye-The Mean One

I've finally uploaded this chapter for you all. I'm sorry it took so long. Hadn't found the time for it with school and all. But it's Thanksgiving break now and I worked really hard to get this chapter in. Hope you all like it!

XOXO Soli XOXO WaterUwaiting4 Read. ;3 

~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/

“Eli, why are you nice to me?” I asked, sniffling once again.

“You are special, Layla. If you know it or not, you are one of a kind.” He pulled me into him again and this time I let my smiling tears dance happily down my overjoyed face.

The bell rang, yet we didn’t let go. We held onto each other for dear life. We wouldn’t have pulled apart if I hadn’t heard a high-pitched voice ring in my ears.

“Layla! What do you think you’re doing?”

~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~

Melanie Scotch, in her very own slut-tume (Cross from slutty and costume; aren’t I clever?), was stomping her way toward me with her over exuberant bouncy blonde curls. She stopped a few feet away from Eli and I, her hands crossed over her chest a frown on her face. Eli stood in front of me protectively a soft… growl? …Erupting from his chest. Melanie flinched, but quickly found her composure and glared at me all over again. “You bitch! You were supposed to hook them up with me not you!” She spat. I stepped around Eli walking up to Melanie.

I pushed her back against the wall and I heard her head smack into with a thump as she gasped in pain. I balled my hands into fists at my side as I scowled at her shaking, scared figure. “I’m the bitch?” I asked not wanting an answer, yet I was given one.

“Yes.” Melanie whispered, fear in her eyes. I gave her a dry laugh.

“You don’t give a shit about me! That’s why I want you to stop pretending! I. AM. NOT. YOUR. FRIEND!  You’re the bitch, the slut, and you don’t deserve any part of the kindness I show you. I HATE you! GO HOME!!” I yelled at her using all the anger and frustration that was boiling through my veins to cause her to cower away in fear. I slammed my fist against the wall inches away from her face. “If you ever talk to me again, I swear to all that is good I will KILL you!” I roared in her face. Melanie’s eyes were squeezed shut flinching at every word that I threw at her. She was shivering in terror. I lifted my fist up in the air, aiming it at her pathetic, scared face. I slammed it down, but a hand stopped me before it could crush her nose into her skull.

I glared at the one who decided to intervene. There stood Eli with an ‘I know you’re mad, but you don’t have to stoop down to her level’ expression. I visibly relaxed letting my hands drop to my sides and my shoulders to rest back to its rightful place. I was angry, but I knew that I would hate myself forever if I were to have hurt Melanie because even though she doesn’t care I still do. I sighed, turning away from her and past Eli, walking deep into the library.

At the back of the library was a quiet sitting area in the dark, where I decided to plop myself down to clear my head. I lost my cool. I thought. When do I EVER lose it like that? I almost punched my ex-best friend in the nose. I’m not like that, what has gotten into me? Suddenly, I felt something inside me turn over with disgust. I glanced around the shadows looking for something. I don’t know what I was searching for; all I knew was that something was listening or watching me. Then as if on cue, Loki Skyye stepped into view. His hands stuffed into the pockets of his gray hoodie. An evil glint was shining in his piercing silver eyes; like he could see right through me, like I was nothing compared to him, like he had me right where he wanted.