Chapter Nineteen: A Rogue?

Hello, my lovelies. This is the next chapter for you. The ending is just to fill it in with something fun. The important part is the beginning. I don't know if it sounds random or ot, so once you're done tell me how it went. Thanks. :3 Enjoy!

~Soli (waterUwaiting4)

~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~

Recap:

Now winter is about to roll in and I am seriously starting to rethink this entire “battle” situation. Are they coming or not? Seriously, how strong do they want me to get before they actually decide to raid my pack? They must be joking. If they ever do decide to bring their flea-infested selves into my territory I’ll be ready for them. Justice is soon to be served with a helping of ass whooping!

~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~

Sorin! Where are you? I yell into the mind link hoping he’d answer. After shouting in his head for the past two hours you’d think he’d at least have the decency of telling me where he was and if he was okay or not. That rotten, dirty…

Don’t call people names when they’re not listening. Sorin butts in. I glare at the ceiling, as I lay on the bed sheets relaxing mildly from hearing his beautiful voice.

Thank goodness you’re all right! I was going to have a heart attack here boy! I scolded in his mind. I demand to know where you are and why Jonathan and Dimitri are off somewhere too? Why is that I always get left behind with Eli the baby sitter? I glance over to my left to find Eli sitting patiently on the edge of my bed staring mindlessly at the sheets.

You’re not mature enough to come with us and hunt rogues. You’d probably disobey my direct orders and have one of us killed. Just take Eli out for ice cream or something if you’re that bored. We’ll be home soon. I love you. He said. I rolled my eyes.

Love you too, dip stick. I replied before blocking him out and attending the zoned out Eli. “Want to go out and get some ice cream with your best bud, Layla?” I asked, making circular motions around my face indicating myself as the so-called “best bud”. I’ve been left out of these rogue clean ups so many times now that I’ve become accustomed to having Eli around as company. He’s not bad. He’s amusing when you get him drunk too. Ah… good times.

“Sure.” Eli agreed over exuberantly. He bounced off the bed, rolling onto the ground and shuffling on his sneakers. I followed him suit, falling flat on my face when I tried to mimic his exact movements. I glared at his feet when I heard his melodious laughter fill my head.

“What a great friend you are!” I sarcastically exclaim.

“Where to? Ben & Jerry’s?” Eli suggested as we descend the flight of stairs.

“Uh. No, Ben & Fat Ass today because their ice cream is too much for me. Can’t we just go to the beach for a simple soft serve cone?” I counter as we enter Eli’s car.

“Sounds like a plan. I haven’t been to the beach in a while. This might be fun.” He laughed before backing out of the pack parking lot.