"I am not mistaken."
"Bu-"
"Do you believe that you should be completely helpless if attacked? Sadly your big strong men will not always come to your rescue."
I walked up to her, she had her head down and refused to look me in the eyes. I could tell that she's shy, the way her voice shook when she spoke and the fact she would never make eye contact. I lifted her chin
"you don't always have to be the damsel in distress. Be the hero of your own story."

I smiled at her and she smiled back. "Ok I will teach you self defence, those who show promise then maybe i'll train you as warriors. I'm making a few changes. Everyone even the pups shall be trained."

I know it sounds harsh but their training will be different. The pups? Well that's just going to be basics. Just like school, starting with the easiest and then working up.

"Alright Go." I watched as they scampered off. I turned around and watched the boys train.
"Fresh meat lads."
I got cheers and wolf whistles in reply. Walking towards them I unzipped my jumper and dropped it on the floor. I began warming up with them.

If the few I dealt with are any indication of the rest them then I think assistance shall be required.
"Ok I need you to help me. We're going to show them what i've taught you."
The boys were grinning from ear to ear. I think they forgot what I put them through, well I guess I have to remind them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

People have been coming and going all day. I made my little self-defence speech, I warned them that this was not going to be a walk in the park but I also challenged them.

The hardest to convince were the women in their 30's-40's. They had grown up with only men as warriors and the women housewives, expected to cook and clean. They couldn't grasp the idea.

By 1 o'clock I had different groups training differently. One group was learning offensive moves, one was tracking, one was learning to fight in wolf form and me? Well I took on the hardest task of all. I took the job of training the pups.

They're little bundles of energy with short attention spans and do not listen to commands.

I had them stretching to warm up, running around cones and how to track. They don't shift until their 16th birthday, unless they're alpha's. Alpha's can shift from birth which is dangerous because of bacon. Wait no. Ohh that's when I stopped listening to Aaron and started thinking about the food he was cooking. I had stupidly asked a question that I believed would only have a one word answer but instead I received a history lesson. I love the boy to death but no.

Currently i'm playing a game of hide and go seek. What can I say? They were getting bored and they bring out the childish side of me. Also if you think of it hide and seek is a game that requires tracking skills. Sure for most is just guessing and looking around but i'm teaching them to use their noses, their great hearing and eyesight. Their natural tracking ability.

It's my turn to count and I put my hands over my eyes. Facing a tree I begin to count. As I do I hear little shrieks and scampering. I couldn't help but chuckle at their sheer innocence.

To them this is just a bit of fun. They have no clue of the dangers out there. They are unaware that what they're learning right now might save their lives or maybe that of someone they love.

Almost at 30 I suddenly felt someones presence. I could no longer feel the breeze brush softly against my exposed arms. Instead it was replaced by the warmth only a werewolf could provide. Their mere shadow casting over my body sent tingles down my spine. My hands began to itch, I felt the need to turn around and touch whoever it was. I say whoever but I know it's Luke with his cocky smile and perfect hair.