Bumps and Bruises

I was lying on the bed tossing and turning. The bed began to slowly spin and I'm surrounded in darkness. I begin to spin faster and white mixes in with the black, creating a hypnotising spiral. Suddenly the bed dropped and I gripped onto the frame, my eyes feel like they're glued shut. I blinked and now they won't open. I feel like I'm weightless, free falling. I can feel the sweat roll down my body as I begin to panic. Shaking my head I try to open my eyes, each time my eye lids move a bit more. The bed stopped falling and as if it turned into a trampoline I bounced off it. My heartbeat was erratic, it became increasingly difficult to breathe as I felt the air is getting thinner. I gasp for breath and am stunned by a bright light. At first everything is blurry and there's a pounding in my head. I blink a few times and place my hand on my chest attempting to calm my heart rate.

Once I got to grips with my surroundings and realised it was just another nightmare I noticed my saviour was not a person but a noise. Someone ferociously knocking on the door must have woken me up. I will never understand these werewolves. I tried to sneak the last oreo last night and within seconds I was surrounded. They could hear the crinkling of the oreo packet but someone banging on the door goes unnoticed. It's one of the mornings I haven't woken up in a cage of Luke's arms. I groaned and pushed myself off the couch. I took Luke's jumper off the floor, he can deal with it. He's sleeping like a baby and I have to get the door. I can't wait to wake him up.

I slowly stumbled towards the door as if I had been drinking. The knocking had spaced out and quietened. I feel like I could sleep for a week. I slowly opened the door and yawned simultaneously. Before I had a chance to open my eyes I was grabbed. I pushed off my attackers shoulders and swung a left hook. My fist is quickly engulfed by a much larger hand. My eyes readjusted and I screamed.
"I told you be careful"
I heard a growl echo through the house, sleeping beauty is awake but it didn't stop with him. I heard multiple footsteps but I'm frozen. Luke tore through the hall ready for a war but the sight he's met with is definitely not what he expected. His dad standing outside, his mother clutching his girlfriend for dear life and his friends stumbling down the stairs.
"Mum? Dad?" His confusion was quite funny but I have to admit I was just as confused.

She finally let me go and we kind of awkwardly stood there.
"What's all the screaming about did Luke finally-"
I've never heard Zach shut up so quickly. Right now he's getting the look and we're all trying to keep a straight face. Luke's mum turned her gaze to me, she approached me and began to give out.
"Who is not looking after my future daughter in law, this packs luna?"
This confused me because i'm treated like a queen here. She examined me from head to toe and stepped closer. She lifted Luke's jumper and my top, exposing my stomach. I saw how she hesitated for a second, I guess it's to do with my scars.
"Oh no no, this will not do" she grabbed my stomach
"there's nothing there! How will you carry my grandchildren without some meat on your bones? I will sort this out before I leave."
I think I was just given out to for being too toned, well that's a change of events. She left all of us standing in the hall astonished as she walked to the kitchen. Jack, Luke's father just nodded at us and followed his wife.

I waited until I turned around to face the other confused faces.
"I NEARLY FUCKING HIT YOUR MUM!" I whisper shouted. Their heads snapped towards me. In a low voice I quickly explained what happened, my chest rising and falling at an incredible rate. For the second time today I can feel my chest tightening. I put my hand on my chest and tried to steady my breathing. I don't want to cause a scene.
"Princess look at me"
Luke wrapped his arm around my waist and rested his hand on my stomach. His lips by my ear he whispered to help regulate my breathing. I soon gained control and it's as if nothing happened. Bonnie, Aaron and Zach had dispersed during my almost panic attack. I put my hand on Luke's to let him know I was ok but he showed no sign of letting me go. I turned in his grasp and wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him down for a good morning hug.