Turning my world upside down

Zach and Aaron were the only two left.
"You know Luke's coming back tonight."
I tore my gaze away from the night sky to look at Aaron. Zach hit him and gave him the 'i'm-going-to-beat-your-ass-12-ways-to-Hong-Kong' look.
I raised my eyebrow but my mind's going a mile a minute.

Where is he?
What happened?
Is he ok?
Who's he with?
Is he hurt?

"What are you talking about?"
"You didn't tell her?"
".......no"

I turned to Zach and he cracked.
"Ok you see Luke was called to the annual Alpha training blah blah blah. I was put in charge and he told me I had to get a new traine-"
"SO HE DOESN'T KNOW I'M HERE? HE DOESN'T KNOW I'VE BEEN TRAINING YOU ALL. WHAT. THE. FUCK. YOU KNOW HOW I FEEL ABOUT HONESTY."
I'm fuming. I'm pretty sure there's smoke coming out of my ears.
"You led me to believe that Luke was aware of all of this."
"He is........he just doesn't know it's you."
I just rubbed my temples and let the anger evaporate. I guess it's better this way. What he doesn't know won't hurt him.
"Actually, it's fine. It's better this way. Now come on, it's way past your bedtime and Aaron you have a patient to look after. Go on, go home. That's an order."

They squished me into a group hug and walked off.

I took off my shoes and laid down in the grass. I spent a few hours staring at the stars just trying to figure my life out. I gave up a while ago and tried to make patterns with the stars.
I checked the time. 3am.......wow. It feels like i've only been here for a few minutes. I guess it's time to make a move.

I got up and unzipped my bag. I took the first note out along with my swiss army knife. I walked over to the largest tree in the centre. I held the note up to the tree and with force secured it with the knife. It was simple, short and to the point.

"I've done my job. We all knew that this was going to happen any day now. Remember there is always room for improvement. I have eyes everywhere so don't make me come back and beat your asses for slacking.
So for the last time safe home and goodbye,
Alex"

They guys will get it in the morning when they turn up for training. I jumped into my car and drove to the 24 hour homeless shelter. I dropped off the food and clothes.

At least one person can benefit from this situation.

I parked in front of Luke's house. My hands began to shake but I pushed everything aside. I promised Zach that I would make sure the pack was in safe hands before I left.
I grabbed Luke's jumper from my car along with the note and music sheet. I walked around to the side of the house and climbed up the tree. Aaron, Bonnie and Zach were in the house as well and I don't want them to know i'm here. I was never good at goodbyes.

The window was open thank god and as I sat on the windowsill I scanned my surroundings. The room was a mess. Holes in the wall, cabinets broken and clothes everywhere. There's the silhouette of a body in the bed. I guess he's really tired because he didn't even flinch.
I walked over and put the stuff on the end of his huge bed where i'm sure he'll see it in the morning. I was about to leave bit couldn't bring myself to.

I walked over to the side of the bed and knelt down. I ran my fingers through his slightly longer messy hair and examined him. He's thinner than he was. He's not looking after himself.

"Why would you do this to yourself? This is all my fault. This is why I have to leave. I knew it would never work. You deserve a nice pretty girl who comes from a great family, not some damaged human. I'm actually happy with the way it happened. I knew I was never going to walk out of this with my heart intact. You kissing that girl was probably the least pain I would've been caused, so in a weird sense thank you for that.
Now. You need to get a grip and man up. Your pack needs you. Them before me. Them before us. Sacrifice the needs of the one for the needs of the many. I made the decision for you. Now when i'm gone you should move on and go back to normal. Go back to who you were before we met. No matter how hard I try to forget you, you'll always be in my heart......Goodbye Luke."