"You'd be expelled," Jimin deadpans, even if both of them know that to not be true. "But at least try once in a while."

"I never need to," Taehyung responds to the request with a cheeky smile and Jimin already knows there is no use in convincing him. It never worked before, anyways.

Call that attitude of his cocky, call it arrogant or whatever you will – for most people it goes by confidence. And Jimin, way past the point of no return with his best friend, just needs to stick to his prefect status in order to keep Taehyung out of trouble if it ever calls for it.

Which, now that he thinks about it, doesn't sound like the best idea. But hey, when was anything involving Kim Taehyung a good one?

"I'm going to get in serious trouble for you one day," Jimin sighs, though he doesn't sound regretful.

"I'll bail you out, don't worry," Taehyung says, throwing the student briefcase over his shoulder as means to carry it, because hell, it's too appropriate for him to carry it normally. "I seem to be good at that as well."

At the time that they're heading to class in chatter and shared laughs, nothing appears to be out of the ordinary. Of course, more students are missing parts of their uniforms or looking drowsy than per usual, but that is to be blamed on this being Monday morning. And also on last night's party that Ahn Hyojin hosted, but that is a minor detail.

Despite the casual greetings thrown their way or somewhat sly remarks (when Taehyung's attendance to class is questioned in a rather snarky tone), Jimin does feel like this might be a nice day ahead of them, full of classes and club activities and whatever else students attending private universities do.

Jimin thought so until it happened. It being the fucking Interaction of the Day.

"Oh, Kim. How nice of you to finally step down from your high horse and decide to attend classes. Maybe it's time for your head to get filled with something more than just air."

Fuck my life, Jimin inwardly thinks as he sets his eyes on a group of three people just to the left of them, sitting by a many of the lunch tables set outside on campus after all the snow has melted off. The two sitting on the table are just bystanders for this debacle, but the one that is sitting on the bench too fucking properly is the fucking problem.

Because in any other case, that casual remark is just one of the many alike that Taehyung hears on the daily, but that voice and that damn tone are setting him off and Jimin just honestly wants to dig himself three feet under.

"I think it's more concerning that you've taken notice of my absence," Taehyung says, stopping in his tracks to throw an indifferent glance to the other three. His lips proceed to pull into a sly smirk, "Missed me, Jeon?"

And the second person of the aforementioned mess is Jeon Jeongguk, so cleverly dubbed the Golden Boy by the student body, because it's fucking annoying that he's so good in everything that he does. Most people don't even know his majors (cough, computer science and business administration, cough) because next to dancing, sports, taekwondo and another hundred hobbies, he just excels at everything.

But unlike Taehyung, Jeongguk is a proper boy – just like now, with his pressed slacks that fit his legs a little too nicely, shirt tucked in over his toned chest, jacket slung over broad shoulders and red tie that just glimmers with the university crest in pride.

He sits up from the bench, approaches them and Jimin is almost begging Jeongguk with his eyes not to start anything, but it's almost like he's not even in the younger's peripheral vision.