chapter 18 | On my mind

Start from the beginning

< You can talk to me, I told you, I'm always here for you even if I'm not in front of you, call or text me, and I'll be here for you ]

I don't answer, not knowing what to say.

I put my phone down to finish my cookie but remember when I ate the same ones at his house. I miss his cute face, his sexy body, and tattoos. I admit that each time I was feeling a bit upset or down, he was there to hug me and talk to me.

At the sound of my phone vibrating loudly on the desk, I check the message, with a smile upon my face.

< All right💕? ]

[ all right❤ >

He doesn't say anything more, so I lock my phone and shove the rest of my snack in my mouth to eat it and stand up from my chair. I grab my precious phone and get out of my room to head downstairs.

I pass by my mother, who's working at the dining table, and I get in the kitchen to grab a bottle of banana milk in the fridge and then make my way back to the living room.

"What are you doing?" my father asks me, lifting his eyes up from his screen with a caring smile. "Nothing...I was just thirsty..." I sip on my drink but remain on my spot, looking at him sitting on the sofa. "Hm, have you talked to Jungkook since we came back?"

"Yeah..." I do not tell a lie but see upon his face that he knows what I feel deep inside. "And what have you talked about?"

"Nothing much...he just told me to eat and all..." I lick my lips that taste like my beverage, but he nods and glances at his screen. "Okay," no other word leaves him, so I go back to my bedroom and close the door behind me.

Why did he ask that though?

•••

10 pm.

"Goodnight, y/n, I'm going to bed," my dad speaks from the other side of the door as I'm reading. "Goodnight," I answer him. Once I hear his footsteps fade away, I remove my glasses and exit my application to get on Snapchat and send a text to Jungkook.

[ I don't know if you're already in bed but goodnight❤ >

< I just got out of my shower one minute ago, are you stalking me?😂 Goodnight to you as well, sweetheart ]

[ I'm not😅 I'm just going to sleep now so I wanted to text you. Thank you >

< 😚 ]

I smile in front of my screen but lock it, loving his little texts that always make me feel better. I put my phone on my nightstand and cover my body with my blanket.

However, I receive another message as soon as I get comfortable. I don't wait before checking it since it's more important.

< Do you need to talk on the phone before sleeping, or you're all right? ]

[ Can we talk? >

At the exact moment that my message is sent, his picture appears on my screen, so I clear my throat and then pick up the call, timidly.

"Good evening," his soft voice already attacks my heart, and I smile. "Good evening..." I nibble on my bottom lip but hear a gentle exhalation full of amusement through the phone. "Your voice sounds even cuter like that."

He's going to make me blush during a simple call, dammit. "Stop it...I just need to talk quietly."

"Hm," the enticing sound coming from him gives me butterflies inside. "Do you need to tell me something in particular, or you just want to talk before sleeping?"