Chapter Sixty Eight: We got Company

Start from the beginning

"I see. Well it is clear that we didn't pick up any two normal humans, at least not with you. Take him to the medical bay!" he shouts. 

I get pulled up from the chair and dragged out the room a lot more aggressively then that had done with Clyde. I get shoved into the room with such force and fall to the ground. 

"Luke!" says Clyde who was laying on the bed but rushed over looking angry how they had just pushed me in here. 

"Was that necessary?" he asks the two men. 

They ignored Clyde, "Get this one strapped to a bed quickly. Get some bloods done!"

"Ooh hell no. You aren't touching him!" Clyde shouts helping me to my feet and putting himself between me and the guards and the nurse. 

Ray comes into the room, "Tell your friend to stand down. I do not wish to hurt him."

"But you wish to hurt Luke!" Clyde shouts even louder. 

"You have a big mouth. Luke tell him to stand down now!" Ray shouts at me now. 

"Why? What do you want from me?" I ask. 

"It is clear even with out that ring you are stronger then your friend here when it comes to that mark. I need to know what."

I shake my head, "No way. I've had enough of that...you don't have to do that."

"I do. If you are a threat to my people," he begins. 

"I'm not. We only came here because the person I was travelling with Tardis locked onto this place. I am not here to hurt you. We came here because we thought something may need our help that is all," I tell him. 

Ray looks at curiously before turning to his nurse, "Is he telling the truth?" 

The nurse nods, "He is. Maybe Ray he can help us. We waited so long for someone to come...but maybe they are not a threat at all. Maybe we got lucky with these two."

"What's going on?"

"My people are in danger. We have had multiple attacks on our planet the last few months. We have waited so long for someone to pick up our distress signal. I had no idea what you and your friends where doing here, I panicked and put into place our plan we have had for as long as I can remember and we have waited so long to meet humans."

"Luke is the best human you will ever meet. Smart, heartwarming and will help if he can. We are not a threat. You should of said you needed help straight away. If you run those tests you would think Luke isn't human but he is. If anyone can help save your people its him," Clyde explains to him. 

Ray looks at me, "I am sorry if I have come off as unwelcoming and I would not blame you for hating me...Will you help us?" he asks me now. 

"I can certainly try," I smile at him. 

"Thank you. If you come with me I can show you what has happened and continues to happen," as he shows me towards the door. 

"Clyde do you feel well enough?" I ask him. 

Clyde smiles, "I do now," he says as he shows the mark on his arm gone. I check mine to see it is also gone. 

"Can you fetch Luke's things," Ray says to one of his guards. 

The guard nods and leaves the room before us. 

"Thank you," I say to Ray. For the first time we may have come across a race that isn't out to hurt us but actually needing our help. I hope we can. 

Time skip /////

I found myself looking at the footage of what had been happening to The Quarter. I took it all in and studied it as much as I could with the help of Lenny and Clyde. 

"Do you know if you can get my friends here? The Doctor or Paul may understand more about the race that is attacking you. Clyde, Lenny and I haven't come across them before," I tell Ray the truth. 

"I don't think we have too," says Ray as The Doctor, Jay, Sanjay,  Amy and Paul walk into the room. 

"You found us. Great timing. Paul or the Doctor come watch this you may know more about who has been attacking here," I say to them. 

"So your not in danger?" Paul asks puzzled. 

"Ray and his race were scared but are not going to hurt any of us. They need our help."

The Doctor came over as I hit the replay button.  After a few minutes the Doctor turned to Ray. "They are a race called Jalaro, what puzzles me is why they are attacking and more important how did they find you. The Quarter has been hidden for a long time I couldn't even find it until today and it was my Tardis not me who did. Paul any ideas?" he asks turning to Paul now. 

"Sorry I've come across quite a few races but not this one. But we know a lot of races want war or will do whatever it takes to take over certain places. Only thing we can do is wait for another attack but this time we are here to try protect everyone and try put an end to it."

"Very well looks like we are the new protectors of The Quarter for now," the Doctor winks at me and I smile and nod to agree. 

"What electrical equipment do you contain? Sky, Luke's sister was badly affected by it and has not woke yet," Paul informs us all. 

Ray looks at me, "This is it. I can not think why that would...," Ray trailed off. 

"She is my adopted sister from another planet and electricity she can control but sometimes it can also affect her in a bad way. If that wasn't you then," I go to finish but a massive explosion is heard from nearby. 

"It must be the Jalaro. We got company!" Ray shouts. 

////

Needs editing. 

Thanks for reading!!