Eighteen

Hey guys, sorry for taking long! hope you're still interested :P

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 18

Month 1:

I shook it again.

And then one more time just to make sure.

"ARGH!" I grumbled.

Why me?

And then I cried.

All alone in a dirty supermarket stall, I cried like a one year old.

My head was placed between my hands that were clenching and unclenching my tangled hair.

Someone knocked on the door. "Are you alright, Miss?" It was that sweet lady from the supermarket counter.

I nodded before realizing that she couldn't see me. "Yah." I used the long sleeve of my hoodie to wipe away the tears and snot.

Have I ever mentioned how ugly I look when I cry? Well, now you know.

I unlocked the stall and looked down at the elderly lady that stood before me; towering over her since she looked to be about four foot eleven.

"Is something wrong?" She asked me; deeply concerned by my red eyes and the tear lines all over my face.

I was surprised she hadn't put two and two together.

I nodded. "Thank you for letting me use your bathroom." I began walking away.

"Any time..." I heard her say; her voice giving away the confusion that I was sure she felt.

I left the small corner store and started the hike back to my neighborhood.

I only hoped that he would be home.

"Is August in?" I asked Felipe.

He shook his head and pointed down the road. "Skate Park." Then he closed the door in my face.

I followed the tarmac road for a good five minutes until my ears were filled with noises of people cheering, skateboards clanking against the ground and a group of boys ranting on and on about some trick that they planned on doing.

I blocked all of that noise out.

Instead, I spotted August and began blindly walking up to him.

Skateboarders crossed in front of me, behind me and by my side but I just didn't seem to notice them as I dragged my feet across the park; heading towards August.

He seemed to be in the middle of some great story; surrounded by a bunch of other guys that were enthusiastic to hear about whichever tale he was telling.

When he noticed me approaching, he smiled and - despite the protests of the people that were listening to him - came up to me and gave me a huge hug.

I didn't hug him back.

He must have sensed something was off because then he put me at arm's length and stared at my face. "What's up?" He sounded - and looked - worried.

I simply pulled out the annoying, white stick and showed it to him.

Then I pulled out the second white stick.

And then the third.

All of them showed him the exact same sign on the tiny screen.