Three

Hello to my few readers!!! You guys really need to tell me if you like my story or not so I can decide whether I wanna post or not!! I'm doing this Wattpad thing for you ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 3

Well... I honestly hadn't realized it would be this hard to surf but, gee, was I wrong! I couldn't even count the number of times I flipped off my board and crashed into the waves; I mean 'gracefully greeted the surf with my face'. It didn't make me feel any better that every time I politely introduced myself to the water, Cole would burst out laughing; obviously not getting over the humour hidden beneath my failure.

"Well, not all of us are child prodigy's you doof!" I had said, hair partially blocking my view. But, even behind the net of brown locks, I hadn't missed Cole's pathetic attempt to choke back a laugh.

It was on my way to the changing rooms at the beach that I decided I would quit surfing. Surfing was, after all, the worst choice I had ever made.

"You can't just quit Kadea!" Cole had argued "That would just be pathetic... and think about all the money you spent on all this stuff" He pointed at the surf board and surf suit.

"Damn, you had me hooked on 'money'" I had replied sarcastically.

I figured it would take way more of an argument than that to win me over again.

I was back in my room now; lying on my bed and staring at the ceiling. My mum wasn't home so I had given Cole permission to enter my house and he was currently lying beside me. We both quietly stared at my ceiling and enjoyed the absence of sound. It wasn't one of those awkward silences but the really comfortable ones that spoke for themselves without your contribution.

"You still quitting?" Cole asked me after a while.

"Nah... I thought that I might as well just get it over with, you know?" I replied.

"Ya, I guess I get it..."

The room went silent again and we resumed staring at the ceiling.

"I'm sorry." I said. "I'm usually the kind of person that waits for someone else to talk before I have anything to say..."

"Ya, so am I..."

I randomly sat up and walked over to my shelf where I knew I would find something interesting to do. I lazily shuffled back to my bed and lay down on my stomach.

"A yearbook?" Cole asked with a smile as he flipped onto his stomach beside me.

"Not just any yearbook, Cole. Our third grade yearbook." I watched his expression turn grave with a smirk.

"No..."

I flipped through the first few pages until I found our class. I read through every line until I found Gennings.

"Wasn't I just so cute!" I mock cooed.

"Ya, I know. Wonder what happened..." Cole replied, a playful grin on his face. I was left with the task of lightly punching his arm.

"Whatever, now let's check you out." I emphasized the 'you' and scanned the names for Johnsons.

"Aw, you were so adorable!" I couldn't help but say. "Those glasses! They were like freaking magnifying glasses"

"Shut up." He mumbled. By now, the tanned skin on his cheeks had turned a dark shade of pink.

"Come on! You were super cute! But what happened to your glasses?"