Sixteen

SOrry that it's uber short.... BUT... i didnt think there was anything else to add :P

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 16

Ah, yes: school; the source of my eternal misery.

It had only been a period of almost three months back from the summer vacations and we had already been hammered with a shit load of big projects.

Science.

English.

Design Technology.

P.E.

Yes, even our P.E teacher was kicking our asses.

There was only one good thing that I could look forward to this year:

August and I had matching schedules.

News travelled fast around here and it wasn't really a secret that August and I were an 'item'.

Nor was it a secret that Kade and Rachel were going out.

I think it would be an understatement to say that some of the girls in my class were pretty jealous of Rachel and I since they were basically raping both Kade and August with their eyes most of the time.

"... and so, guys, I hope you try to fit this into your obviously busy schedules." Mrs. Windsmoore smiled at us.

She was a pretty cool teacher.

Never really gave us that much homework.

And whenever she did assign homework, it tended to be quite easy; i.e. right now.

Our task was to go down to the beach and study the waves.

Humanities was a breeze.

The bell rang.

He walked up to the front of my desk. "Four day weekend at last." August smiled and watched as I packed my bag. The country was having some sort of public holiday on both Monday and Tuesday of the next week so, us students were rewarded with a four day weekend.

"You can say that again." I muttered.

"Four day -"

"Sarcasm, smart ass."

"I know." Another smile.

We walked down to his car where we would stand and wait for Felipe to leave the library and Sebastian to stop vandalising the school. Felipe would appear in the next few minutes and we would wait a little longer only to find out that Sebastian didn't actually need a ride home.

Same routine every fucking day.

I spotted Felipe at the back of a large group of seniors; his head cast downwards and a concentrated look on his face.

He approached the car and climbed into the back seat without a word.

Next, Sebastian sauntered over to us and said something along the lines of 'I'll ask David for a ride back, don't wait up' before eyeing me up and leaving.

I ducked my head; squeezing through the door and into the passenger seat.

August started the engine and pulled out of the school parking lot. Our neighbourhood was about twenty minutes away.