Twenty-One

GUESS WHO DA AWESOMEST BITCH IS FOR UPLOADING IN UNDER A WEEK???? THAT'S RIGHT, IT'S ME :) HAHAH!!!

This one goes out to Giggle_Wiggle for giving me a 9/10 in her very honest judging thing :P haha -- dunno how else to put it...

Sorry in advance for any grammar errors :P it's not been edited coz i RLLY wanted it up...

anyways, enjoy :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 21

Month four:

Week one. 14 weeks have passed now.

Status report: Kicked out of my own house and living with August's family.

After telling my mum about my pregnancy, things had gone a little bit downhill.

"I'm pregnant, mum." I averted my gaze; looking outside her bedroom window instead.

"You're what?" I could tell that the look she had on her face was killer. That didn't encourage me to look up.

"I'm... pregnant." The words came out unsteadily.

"I was giving you a chance to change what you said." Her voice gave away no emotion.

"I won't lie to you." I finally looked at her. She looked pissed. Like, really pissed.

She was quiet for a moment. And then she opened her mouth and it was like the beginning of World War III.

"How many times did I tell you not to have sex?" She exclaimed.

I started quaking with fear. "A lot of times..."

"WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS SO GOD DAMN REBELLIOUS, KADEA?"

I figured it was a rhetorical question so I didn't answer.

"LOOK AT ME!" I hadn't realised that my gaze had dropped until she requested my attention.

"Did you even bother using protection?"

I nodded.

"NOW YOU SEE, I DON'T THINK YOU DID! YOU PROBABLY GOT PREGNANT ON PURPOSE; JUST TO PISS ME OFF."

I wanted to tell her that that wasn't true. Why the hell would I want to ruin my life in the blink of an eye?

She continued shouting at me but I had already zoned out. Instead, I started thinking about August. I started thinking about his beautiful eyes, his cocky jokes, his witty remarks. His... Everything.

I was having his kid. Better him than anyone else right?

I smiled at the thought.

And then I felt a searing pain streak across my left cheek.

My mum had slapped me. My own mother had slapped me. "THIS IS NOT FUCKING FUNNY, KADEA!" That was the first time I had ever heard my mum swear. And it had been directed at me.

I clenched my fists and held in the tears that threatened to fall. "Screw you, mum."

She looked at me with shocked eyes; all signs of a fight gone.

"Excuse me?" She asked disbelievingly.

"Screw. You." I enunciated each word so that she knew the capacity of my anger. She doesn't get to slap me and move on like it was nothing! I'm pregnant and all she cares about is how rude I'm being. What. The. Hell.