Twenty-Four

Hey there guys :)

Sorry about grammar, I didn't edit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 24

Month 7.

It was the beginning of summer.

Who would have thought that so much could have changed within just a year! Heck, I was playing Spin the Bottle on a beach just a year ago...

But, now it's summer again!

No more stress. No more tests. No more awkward walks down crowded hallways. No more annoying peers staring at my baby bump. No more teachers talking about me behind my back.

Well, not the ones that I would know about.

Before this entire... event... I would have loved to be the centre of attention. But now? Now, I would love to dig myself a hole and live in it. At least then no one would see me. I would have loved the attention. Just... not like this.

Two more months! Yeepee!

But, I was quite scared... My life would be so confusing! I can't take care of a kid... Heck, I can't even take care of myself! Oh well, It's about time I stopped regretting it. I had made a childish mistake and... Whatever. At least I had August.

Things happen for a reason, right?

If I got pregnant, it must have been for a reason... an ungodly reason.

Maybe God was playing a joke and I was the punch line.

I was never really one for religion. Why start now? This probably had nothing to do with God. Maybe Saturn... but not God.

Saturn, you son of a bitch.

"It's almost your wedding day!" Rachel yelled enthusiastically.

I cringed. Wasn't I too young to get married? Why was I getting married anyways? I mean, we could always wait... There was no chance in hell that I would leave him because we were in love and he was the father of my unborn child. "Yay..." I replied; not quite as eager for the day I would officially leave childhood behind. Although, I kind of feel like that day passed when I lost my virginity.

At that precise moment, I wish I had heard the slight knock at the door. I wish I had looked at the wooden frame. I wish I had noticed August as he took in my depressed demeanour. I wish I had seen him retreat into the hallway and then leave my house. I wish I had been more excited! I...

"You're not regretting it, are you?" She was disbelieving.

"Well..."

"Kadea, no!"

"It's just that... I don't even know why we're getting married and I don't see why we should do it at such a young age and -"

"STFU."

"Never abbreviate whilst speaking." I reprimanded.

Her eyes lit up. "You see, you'll be a great mom!"

"Rachel, I was talking about getting married, not being a mom. I seriously worry about your sanity."

She shrugged. "It's kind of the same thing isn't it... being married always - if you're lucky enough - comes with the responsibility of motherhood. So, it's kind of one in the other. Plus, you wanna know why you're getting married?"