Eight

Chapter 8

"Wake up." I tried poking his temple again. 

"Wake up!" I hit him with my water bottle. 

He groaned and flipped over. 

"If you don't freaking wake up, I'm gonna dump the freezing cold lake water on your face." 

He shot up and glared at me. "Why, exactly, did I end up in the same tent as you?" 

"Because we both know you love me." I smiled, mocking fake innocence. 

"Whatever..." He looked around. "You know what I really need right now?" 

I could easily notice the evil glint in his eye. "No." 

"I was just gonna say I wanted a hug." He pouted at me. 

"Still, no." I glared at him. 

"Whatever." 

"Come on; let's go wake everyone else up." 

We unzipped our tent and walked up to Rachel's tent. 

I used my fingers to count to three before August and I quickly unzipped the tent and shouted random words. 

What we saw was completely unexpected and caused us to both burst out laughing. 

"No fucking way, you guys were making out?" August said between laughs. 

Rachel had turned an extremely dark shade of red whilst Kade still looked rather shocked. 

"Nice." I dragged out the 'ce'. 

"Get out of our freaking tent!" Both Rachel and Kade shouted at the same time. 

We left but not before August pulled out his phone and took a picture of the scene before us. Kade was hovering over Rachel on all fours while they stared daggers at us. 

We didn't stop laughing until we were at the door to Cole's tent. Heck, we were still laughing even then. 

"Dude, wake up!" August yelled at him when I had opened his tent. 

"Where's the Wicked Witch of the West?" I asked him; my voice level. 

"She left." Cole said through his pillow. 

August and I cheered. 

"Can you guys be a bit less loud," Cole groaned. 

"Fine, you won't be getting any breakfast then." I tried using the one thing that could really get him up. 

"I'm coming." He pulled off his sleeping bag, yawned and stretched dramatically. 

I just rolled my eyes and pulled August out of the tent. 

"Okay, what the hell do we make for breakfast?" 

"We?" He laughed. "No, what do you make for breakfast?" 

"Why won't you help?" 

"I'm gonna go do man-stuff." 

I laughed. "Is that really the only thing that you guys can defend yourselves with; 'man-stuff'?" 

He shrugged. "Okay, fine. I'll help. Show you all what an awesome cook I am." 

I scoffed; not believing him for even a second.

"Okay, fine. I believe you! How the hell did you make this with just a bunch of eggs?" I asked August disbelievingly.