Fourteen

CHAPTER 14 IS FINALLY UP!!!! :D

BTW -- im taking now to go back through the chapters and edit them....

MORE THAN 1130 READS!!!! YOU GUUUUYS <3 :') love you all :)

Don't forget to vote if you like it :P

PS: CHECK OUT THE VIDEO I JUST PUT UP TO THE RIGHT!!!! it's the song that i mention at the end of this chapter :) I LOOOOOOVE THIS SONG!!! and it could really set the mood for the ending ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 14

“I should probably head home now.” I smiled at him sadly.

“Really?” August asked. I nodded. “Damn...”

“You’re still walking me home though.”

“I am?”

I didn’t bother answering him; instead, I loosely wrapped an arm around his waist and pulled him away.

We were at my gate in less time than I liked and I pouted at the thought of leaving him.

Dear God, he’s seriously turned me into the sappiest bastard out there, hasn’t he? I thought.

I worked on opening my gate and then kissed August goodbye before my shoulders dropped and I walked into my compound. I moved with my head down, examining the cracks in the pavement beneath my feet. When I stuck my hand out to turn the door knob, I was greeted by a soft surface. I raised my head with a confused look on my face and jumped back when I came eye-to-eye with my mom.

She didn’t look happy.

“What day is it, Kadea?”

“Umm... Monday?” I replied warily.

“Guess again.”

“Thursday?”

“No, Kadea. It’s Tuesday.”

“I don’t get it...”

She huffed. “It’s the day your dad gets back from Africa!”

“I’m pretty sure there’s a name for the country he went to...”

Her eyes thinned. Oh, shit! Now, I’m screwed...

I looked at the ground.

“Don’t be smart with me. You enjoy making my life difficult, don’t you?”

I shook my head.

“Answer me!”

I scrunched up my eyebrows. Don’t parents find it rude when you talk back?

“No, ma’am.”

“Good.” I looked up long enough to get scared all over again and look down. “We have another problem.”

I mentally groaned.

“Why in the world are you bringing strange boys into my house?” I didn’t reply. “Look at me.”

I moved my head an inch.

“Look at me!”

I made eye contact.

“Why are you bringing strange boys into my house?”She asked me again, slowly.

“He’s my friend...” My voice was barely over a whisper.