0.89.0

><><
Irresistible cont.
><><

They found Kai still working over her laptop, a couple of empty tea mugs sitting beside her. She had pulled down her scarf and her hair was messy. Her chin was resting on her hand as she scrolled through the database. It was clear by her appearance and posture she hadn't left the lab in a while.

"Please tell me you're not in love with Lucius," John said without preamble as he came through the door.

Kai looked up from her screen and swung her chair around to face John and Rodney. Both of them looked strangely defeated. "Ah no..." she said with a frown. "Why would I be in love with Lucius?" she asked arching a brow.

"Because everyone else is," Sheppard said sighing exhaustedly.

"What do you mean?" Kai asked.

"We left and everyone but Carson was acting normal, now everyone is in love with him..." John dragged off. He scowled and looked hard into her face. "Hey, how come you aren't in love with him?" John asked suspiciously.

"He's not really my type," Kai deadpanned and she ran her eyes obviously up and down Sheppard's body.

He squirmed a little and she bit back a smile. "I don't honestly know. I've been down here since you left," Kai said more seriously.

"You haven't seen anyone?" John asked.

"No," Kai said with a shrug. "I've been working nonstop to try and meet McKay's quota."

"Thank god," McKay huffed dropped onto a stool. "Not about the quota thing, but it's bad enough with Conan the Barbarian up there staring down anyone who dares to question perfect Lucius. Adding you to that mix would be a disaster."

Kai scowled. "I don't know that I understood any of that," she confessed, trying to decide if it had been an insult to her or not.

John took a step towards her. "You don't have to, all you have to know is that he brainwashed them or something into loving him and they are very protective. I think McKay was trying to nicely say he's glad you're still on our side."

"Yeah, yeah," McKay said waving his hand dismissively as his thoughts started to race. "You know, this reminds me of an old batman episode actually. Catwoman used a drug to put a spell on batman and made him fall in love with her," McKay said stepping up to another work station. He opened the laptop and signed in. "Ended up doing all sorts of evil things for her."

"Who's batman?" Kai asked with a frown. She felt like she was missing half of their conversations.

John looked at Kai who was clearly frustrated with their constant use of pop culture references. "One of earth's mightiest heroes," he said seriously. "Anyway, doesn't matter," John said. "What matters is that we get to the bottom of this. As far as we know it's just the three of us left, but I'm going to go and see if I can find anyone else before he puts his mojo on them too."

"Sounds good," McKay agreed. "We'll keep working here, maybe check surveillance footage."

John nodded and headed out of the room.

"Watch your back," Kai called after him. If this man could somehow turn their own people against them she didn't like the idea of John going alone.

John hesitated in the doorway and met her gaze across the room. "Be safe," he told her and he disappeared down the hallway. 

McKay and Kai started looking through the video footage from the time Lucius arrived. Kai scowled at his blatant disregard for any females space and constant disrespect. Even without sound his body language and the way he treated people was enraging.