0.51.0

Happy Reading!

><><
Duet Cont
><><

Kai was so upset she left the gym without finishing her workout. She stomped through the hallways towards her quarters mumbling under her breath about overbearing Colonels. She turned a corner and nearly walked into McKay who seemed to be having an argument with himself.

She hesitated for a moment, glancing around them to make sure there wasn't someone else nearby she has missed. "Are you all right?" she asked slowly.

He seemed startled to see her suddenly standing in front of him. He jumped back than quickly worked to compose himself. "Y-Yes, I'm fine," he said quickly smoothing his hands down his thighs.

She nodded and turned to go. McKay shifted, his whole demeanor changing. His hip popped out and his head tilted sympathetically. "Kai, what's wrong?" he asked, a slightly feminine lilt to his voice.

Kai frowned at him and pulled back slightly. It was one thing to know there were two consciousnesses in McKay's body and another to see it in action. There was no doubt in Kai's mind that Cadman was in charge now. McKay's hand clasped her arm and Kai tried not to stiffen. What would have been a natural action from Cadman was foreign coming from McKay.

"Are you okay? You look upset," Cadman/McKay said in concern. McKays dark brows furrowed as his blue eyes widened sympathetically.

It was for sure not McKay in control.

Kai frowned at them, feeling suddenly incredibly uncomfortable. "I'm fine," she assured them, quickly composing herself. Controlling her emotions had never been a problem before, only Sheppard seemed capable of stirring her up so far past her control.

"Are you guys okay?" Kai asked.

They waved her off with a distinctly feminine flip to their wrist and headed off the opposite way mumbling to themselves.

Kai chewed on her lip and hurried back to her room. It was clear she and Zelenka needed to get this problem solved as quickly as possible. She wanted to stretch, grab a fast shower and return to the lab. She ripped off her sweat soaked long sleeve top then threw it across the room leaving her in a tank top. Her encounter with McKay had cooled her temper, but she needed to clear her mind the rest of the way so she could focus on finding a way to help McKay.

She moved through her stretches. She could already feel her muscles tightening up from where Ronon had slammed her against the mats. She arched down, folding in half at the waist to release the tension in her lower back. Between getting tossed around by Ronon, her shouting match with the Colonel, and work with Zelenka she was holding a lot of tension.

Her door hissed open unexpectedly.

She whipped around in surprise and then pulled up when she spotted Ronon leaning into the doorframe, a powerful hand on either side. His mouth was pulled into a grim line as he stared at her. Kai realized she was only in a tank top and crossed her arms over her chest uncomfortably.

"You weren't in the mess for lunch." He said by way of explanation. If he noticed she was uncomfortable, he gave no indication. His eyes were locked intently on her face, waiting for a reply.

"We've been using mice as test subjects for the Rematerializer. They've been coming out charbroiled. After yesterday I learned the smell was easier to endure on an empty stomach," Kai replied straightening the rest of the way.

Ronon nodded but didn't seem to know what to say. He fidgeted uncomfortably for a few seconds. He peaked at her under his lashes in way that reminded her of a little boy who had gotten in trouble and was embarrassed. "I didn't mean-" he started to say.