0.22.0

Hi everyone, this update got a little long, but I really wanted to wrap up The Storm. So I hope you enjoy it!

Happy Reading!

><><
The Eye Cont.
><><

As they rounded the last corner near the lab Kai reached out and grabbed the Major's arm slowing him. He frowned down at her. He couldn't think of anything but getting the core back in place. He had already thought he killed Weir, he couldn't do it again.

Kai's hand closed on his bicep, halting him. She didn't want the Major to think she was arguing with him or questioning his judgement, but she had to speak up. "You know they're not just going to let you walk back in there...So, Trap?" She asked.

John snorted, nodding, "Trap," he agreed.

"They're going to shoot you," she told him confidently.

John nodded thoughtfully. "Yes, I think they are," he agreed brightly.

"Okay, so let's make a plan that doesn't involve you getting shot," Kai whispered to him.

John smirked. "Why Zian, if you aren't careful I'm going to think you care..."

"Let's not get carried away," Kai deadpanned.

John chuckled, shaking his head.

Kai and John split up. John moved towards the door with the core in his hand. There wasn't any sign of the Genii guards. They were probably hiding down the hall out of sight. The detector beeped in his pocket. He resisted the urge to look at it to confirm they were coming around behind him.

"Stop!" One of the Genii ordered, his gun cocking behind Sheppard.

John lifted his hands above his head in surrender. "Look. Your boss wanted me to turn this thing back on. So I think we should do what he says."

"Be quiet," the other one growled.

Kai prowled down the hall. Her gun in one hand and her knife in the other. She was just around the corner when she caught sight of the young soldiers. They shifted their weight nervously as they pointed their guns. Kai scowled, they were inexperienced and confronting the Major had them scared. Scared meant reckless and jumpy and both of them had their fingers on the trigger. She would have to be fast.

One of them activated his communicator. "Sora, we have him."

"What about the scientist?" Kai could hear their conversation easily.

"She's not here," the solider reported. "It's just Sheppard."

Sora's voice was angry. "Keep him alive, and watch out for the scientist. She killed three of our men. I'm on my way."

The soldiers relaxed when they heard she was coming. They still held their guns, but they took their fingers off the triggers at least.

"Turn around," the first soldier ordered the Major.

"I don't mean to be a bad prisoner or anything," Sheppard said turning to face the soldiers slowly with his hands above his head. "But Kolya is going to kill one of my people if I don't get this thing turned back on."

"Where's the girl?" The soldier demanded.

John lifted his eyes to see Kai step around the corner. She looked incredibly badass. She was dressed all in black, her scarf was wrapped around her head, and covered the lower part of her face leaving only her steely grey eyes visible. Her eyes were leveled on the soldiers in front of her. She had her gun in one hand and her black blade in the other.