0.115.0

I was so excited for the reunion I wrote this in like a day, took a few more to finish up the editing. I hope you enjoy!

Happy Reading

><><
The Return
><><

The meeting took place at night, under cover of darkness. The grandeur intended in the gesture lost as he tried to save face by not being seen leaving his planet by his own people nor arriving by the Athosians.

"I knew you would never come to me, so I thought I would come to you. Our relationship has been..." Laden Radim paused as he considered his choice of words. "Strained. But we need to put all that behind us now."

"We do?" Ronon asked, obviously both uninterested and unimpressed by the personal visit from the leader of the Genii.

"Well your friends have all returned home, and you've been asked to leave Atlantis. So the question is, what will you do next?" Radim asked glancing back and forth between Ronon and Teyla.

Teyla's voice was even and calm as she responded. It was a stark contrast to the Satedan sitting beside her. "We are helping my people rebuild this settlement," she explained.

Radim looked around the village's meeting house. Though rough hewn and primitive it was finished. "Yes, but the settlement seems finished. Besides, is carpentry and clearing brush really the best use of your skills?"

Ronon looked down, unable to disagree, but Teyla's jaw tightened. "Get to the point," she ordered. Her voice remained level, although it was clear she disliked Radim's tactics to make Ronon feel like he did not belong among the Athosians. With no planet or people of his own, it was hard enough for him to feel welcome.

"Come work with me," Radim's words were a challenge.

Ronon snorted. It didn't matter how good of a politician Ladon Radim thought he was, his smooth words weren't enough to convince Ronon he should side with the Genii.

Undeterred by Ronon's brusk dismissal Radim made a placating gesture. "I understand your reluctance. In the past the Genii have hardly been a shining beacon of hope in the galaxy."

"In the past?" Ronon challenged.

Radim ignored the sarcasm and continued. "We are growing stronger every day and we have a number of operations planned that could seriously cripple the wraith."

Teyla's interest was peaked and she leaned forward. "What do you have in mind?"

For the first time Radim blanched.  "Well I am of course reluctant to go into specific detail here, but suffice to say the plans are dangerous and we are in need of your unique abilities."

"We're not interested," Ronon rumbled.

"Well that's too bad," Radim said although he didn't look surprised in the least. "Although not at all surprising. Give it some time Ronon. I wonder how much joy you will find as a tava-bean farmer," he said as he pushed himself to his feet. He gestured for his men to lead the way out of the tent, then stopped, as though something had just struck him. "I couldn't help noticing the absence of our lovely Kai...I take it she didn't adapt as well as you...You know I've heard taking away a Mortii's Bonded is a fate worse then death...how long has Colonel Sheppard been gone again?" He asked politely.

"Kai is not your concern," Ronon growled, wondering how the Genii could have possibly found out about Kai and Sheppard's connection. Yes it had become fairly common knowledge while Sheppard was held captive by Kolya, but the Genii knowing about it implied they had connections in Atlantis at that time. He didn't like it. It felt too much like a threat to Kai.