0.20.0

Hi Guys! Thank you so much for the support! I think it's so awesome that there's still SG-A love out there!

Happy Reading!

><><
The Storm Cont
><><

Kai crept back down hall away from the gate room. If the Genii had control of the gate room there was no way to know if their comms were being monitored. She needed to find Major Sheppard. He was the only one who had also been able to avoid capture.

As soon as she was clear she ran down the hall, intent on putting as much distance between her and the Genii force as possible. She needed to regroup, find supplies and locate the Major. The Major could be anywhere between the north pier and the tower. Knowing what she did about the Major, she was sure he was heading somewhere to get weapons. When they had left the lab he had only his sidearm on his hip. They would have only a small window of opportunity to access the armory before the Genii secured it. She picked up her pace.

She was halfway to the armory when her comm activated and McKay's voice came through. "...if he needs the C4, the medical supplies and the wraith data device then just give it to him. None of that is worth dying for," it sounded like McKay was talking to someone else and his voice had the echo that usually came from when the techs used the communication terminal in the control room.

"Step away from that console," someone's voice snapped over the comm and the connection went dead immediately. She was both surprised and impressed McKay had risked his neck to get that information to her and Sheppard. She might not personally like the man, but she was beginning to understand why Sheppard kept him on AR-1.

Kai hesitated for a moment at the next junction. She needed weapons, but knowing what they were after changed everything. Sheppard would no doubt go to the armory after the C-4. She wanted to go there. Every instinct she had made her want to arm herself to the teeth and start hunting the men who had invaded their home. However, the most useful thing she could do was secure the data drive. She turned towards the science lab.

There was no reason McKay and Weir wouldn't tell them exactly where the drive was. She and Zelenka had already pulled all the data off of it. The drive itself was of no further value to them and had been sitting in storage for weeks. If the Genii wanted it however, she could use it to slow them down and keep their attention on a specific area of the city.

She ran down the hallway and took the stairs two at a time. She wished she had thought to store more knives or even a gun in the lab. She had been working to earn Sheppard and Weir's trust however and so she had gotten rid of all of her hidden weapons. Now she only wore her single blade in the sheath along her spine and had three smaller knives back in her quarters. She cursed herself up and down for being such a fool. Her trainer back at the academy would have killed her himself for allowing herself to become so complacent.

The lab door slid open and she ran inside. She pulled a messenger bag from under one of the work stations. She dumped the contents on the table and filled it instead with her tool kit. It wasn't as good as a gun or more knives, but they were the only weapons she had. She was going to have to think her way out of this one instead of fight. She moved over to their storage wall. She pulled the Wraith data device out of a drawer, adding it to her bag, and snatched up one of the tablets the team had left behind.

She ran out the door less than two minutes after entering. She plugged the tablet into the door's control panel. She wasn't sure how long she had, but she would do as much damage as she possibly could before they got to the lab. Her fingers flew over the tablet as she implemented a lock down protocol on the lab. They would need her personal access code to open the doors. It would hopefully slow them down if they thought the drive was still inside. The code was seventeen digits long and it would take even McKay a while to crack it. She hoped it would buy her and Sheppard time.